CRI - Canyon Ridge Parent News!
Translation available! BE INSPIRED! BE the Change! 10/03/22
It's called W.I.N. TIME! "WHAT I NEED!"
NEW FLEX TIME to HELP YOUR CHILD!
We are so excited! Last Monday, we kicked off a NEW bell schedule that incorporates an additional 30 minutes class period (W.I.N. Time) in your child's day to help them with the following:
- Finish any homework they may have OR any assignment they did not finish in class!
- Work in a small group or 1 on 1 with a teacher if they need help
- Hear the lesson again if they are struggling with a concept
- Catch up if they have been absent
- Study & then redo an assignment or quiz to increase their learning and raise their grade
- Read a library book, work on Lexia, Prodigy Math, or Typing Club to build skills, fill academic gaps, increase vocabulary, & cont. academic growth if they are caught up
NOTES: We will make adjustments to improve WIN Time throughout the year! We are thankful to our teachers for their dedication in developing this initiative to try to help every child get the additional time, instruction, and what they need! We are so excited about the possibilities for your child & welcome your ideas & suggestions, too!
MON., 10/3 -
- 5th grade Ridge Runners meet 3:05 - 4pm in Cafeteria for Team-building and club rules
- 6th grade Ridge Runners meet 3:05 - 4pm in Cafeteria for Team-building and club rules
MON., Oct. 10 -
- Rockin the Ridge Character Assemblies - parents/guardians of winners welcome to attend
- 5th grade Ridge Runners Running Club - 5th grade meets 3:05-4pm
- 5th graders who would like to participate need a parent/guardian to pick them up from Car-rider line @ 4:00pm
TUES., Oct. 11th -
- Read-a-thon in 5th grade ELA classes!
- Orange Leaf Day ($5 during recess)
WED., THURS., FRI. & MONDAY - Oct. 12, 13, 14 & 16
- Fall Break; NO school for students
MON., Oct. 17 -
- NO school for students
- Teachers report for trainings/professional development
TUES., OCT. 18 -
- BACK TO SCHOOL - Kids report back to school after Fall Break
WED., Oct. 19 -
- 6th grade Ridge Runners Running Club - 6th grade meets 3:05-4pm
- 6th graders who would like to participate need a parent/guardian to pick them up from Car-rider line @ 4:00pm
THURS., Oct. 20 -
- RETAKE OR MAKE-UP PICTURE DAY
THURS., OCT. 27 -
- CANYON RIDGE COSTUME DANCE & OPEN GYM NIGHT! $5 each student
- RECESS GAMES IN GYM
- DJ IN CAFETERIA
- CONCESSION IN HALLWAY BETWEEN
COSTUME DANCE $5 - THURS., OCT. 27th, 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Thursday, Oct. 27th
- $5.00 cash at the door.
- 5pm - 7pm
- Students can be dropped off in car-rider line beginning at 4:50pm.
- The GYM will be open for recess games!
- The CAFETERIA will have a DJ on the stage
- Snacks/Concession stand - most items $1.00 each
- Costumes cannot include weapons or violence
- We welcome parent sponsors to assist in supervising students. Be sure to sign up! If you missed our volunteer survey, please contact our front office 405-256-6955 to volunteer.
Bus Drivers' Appreciation Breakfast 10/25!
Ridge Runners Club starts 10/3 & 10/5!
KICKING OFF OUR RUNNING CLUB! 3:05 - 4:00pm
FALL "RIDGE RUNNERS" RUNNING CLUB!
SPRING "RIDGE RUNNERS" RUNNING CLUB DATES - announced 2nd semester!
- FALL CLUB MEETS: October until Thanksgiving Break.
- TIME: 3:05pm - 4:00pm 1 day a week!
- NEED RIDE to pick up @ 4pm through Car-rider Line!
- INFO: Click Here
5th-grade students RUN ON MONDAYS!
- Monday, Oct. 3rd - 1st Meeting for Rules & Getting to Know You Activities
- Monday, Oct. 10th - 1st time to Run/Walk
6th-grade students RUN ON WEDNESDAYS!
- Wednesday, Oct. 5th - 1st Meeting for Rules & Getting to Know You Activities
- Wednesday, Oct. 19th - 1st time to Run/Walk
HOW CAN YOU HELP YOUR CHILD gain CONFIDENCE & SUCCESS?
POWERFUL WAYS TO HELP YOUR CHILD MAKE HUGE GAINS:
- MULTIPLICATION FACTS - PRACTICE while you are driving in the car OFTEN - even if you feel your child knows them! It keeps the facts fresh in their mind & makes fractions and learning higher math concepts much easier!
- PRACTICE TYPING - http://www.typingclub.com Class assignments are often typed. Plus, all state tests are taken online. Helping to ensure your child is comfortable with typing will greatly reduce his/her stress and help them SHOW WHAT THEY KNOW!
- READ with your child OR reward them for READING 2 nights a week! - Reading broadens their vocabulary SO much more than we often realize!
- LEXIA PRACTICE online 2 nights a week! - Lexia is an online reading program that fills gaps and teaches phonics, grammar, comprehension, and a multitude of skills that improve your child's reading & success in all subjects!
You'll be amazed at the growth your child can make!
GLIMPSE OF THE RIDGE:
Technology Students Write, Film & Create Stop Motion Projects!
6th gr. Students Discuss Walking in Each Other's Shoes!
Mrs. Lindsey helped students find pride in being ourselves & having compassion & respect for others!
Scholastic News Magazine Featured a CRI Student on Cover!
Congrats, Camdyn Cole, BMX Champion!
6th gr. Students Discuss Walking in Each Other's Shoes!
UPCOMING BIRTHDAY? MAKE YOUR CHILD FAMOUS!
- Wish your child Happy Birthday by posting their name on the large electronic Marquee in front of CRI!
- Cost $20
- Pay in CRI front office
- Your child's name runs for approximately 2 weeks!
FREE - We wish all students HAPPY BIRTHDAY on our morning TV announcements & call them to the front office for a small birthday surprise.
REMINDER: Your Child's LUNCH is NOT free ...
Everyone should Fill out this Application to help our school, plus, you may qualify:
For the past 2 years, during the Pandemic, the Federal Government provided FREE lunches to every child. HOWEVER, THIS YEAR, LUNCHES ARE NOT PROVIDED FREE.
SCHOOL DAY - 1st bell @ 8:00am
- 7:35 am - Everyone should time arrival after 7:35 am
- 7:35 am - Car-rider gate opens
- 8:00 am - 1st bell
- IF NEED EARLY CHECK-OUT - Always by 2:45pm. We do not check out children between 2:45 - 3:05 pm to avoid confusion for students, end-of-day classroom business, & traffic problems. If you need to check your child out early for an appointment, be sure to pick them up before 2:45pm.
- 3:05 pm - school dismisses
- 3:05 pm - car-rider gate opens
NOTE: 7:50 am - There is hardly any traffic!
Canyon Clubs - will be Announced Throughout the Year!
- Running Club - open to all students; return permission slip 10/3 or 10/5
- Honor Choir - Tryouts concluding now
- Academic Team - Tryouts going on now
- Science/Robotics Competition Team Tryouts - signups have ended; news coming soon!
- Science/Robotics Club - will be open to all students in the spring
- Board Games Bonanza at lunch - (see photo) sign-ups coming soon & will pop-up periodically throughout the year!
- Archery - available to all students in PE classes
- Archery Competition Team - Tryouts open to all students and coming soon
- Food Bank - open to all students & families; will be in the Spring
- Other clubs and Service Opportunities - throughout the year! Watch TV announcements and newsletters!
- STUCO - Student Council Reps will be chosen in 5th grade Homeroom classes in late fall to participate in service opportunities, & then a large # of students may apply and sign up in the Spring for 6th grade Leadership Classes.
CANYON RIDGE CALENDAR:
CONTACT US! WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
MAIN NUMBER - (405) 256-6955
- ATTENDANCE or to CONTACT US
Administrative Assistants (secretaries):
Media Director (librarian):
- Michelle Tobler - email@example.com
- Mary Ann Cornelison (and nurse's asst. Jill Isham)
Spec Ed Dept. Head:
- Amanda Holeman - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Linda Riggs - email@example.com