Happy Friday Cougar Families!
Last night we welcomed our newest Cougars to campus, the class of 2027, for our annual Spring Fling New Student Showcase! In addition to performances from Club Groove, Dynasty, and Color Guard, our students in Theater and Orchestra performed a number from FAME. Student work was on display in the library and all of our athletics and student led clubs had tables to promote their programs to our future classmates.
The spirit of Spring Fling is to make sure every student feels welcomed and our school and feels like they belong. We had a great turnout and it is always such a positive event where we can highlight the talents of our greatest asset, which is our students.
Thank you for choosing Steele Canyon. Your children are what make our school special.
- Friday, April 21st: Battle of the Bands @ 7pm
- Tuesday, April 25th: Coffee with the Principal @ 8:30am and @ 5pm virtually
- Wednesday, April 26th: Governing Board meeting @ 5pm
- Wednesday, April 26th: Start Smart @ 6pm
- Thursday, April 27th: Band Pops Concert - Anime in Concert @ 7pm
- Friday, May 5th: Progress Reports & ASB applications are due
- May 8th - May 12th: Teacher & Staff Appreciation Week
- May 16th - May 18th: Senior Interviews. May 16th and 18th are minimum days.
- Wednesday, May 17th: School Site Council @ 3:45pm and Governing Board @ 5pm
- Thursday, May 18th: Dance Show
- Friday, May 19th: Senior Only Assembly
- Tuesday, May 23rd: Spring Picture Day for 9th-11th Grade
- Friday, May 26th: Senior Send-Off Assembly
- Saturday, May 27th: Prom
- Monday, May 29th: Memorial Day - No School
- Tuesday, May 30th: Coffee with the Principal @ 8:30am
- Wednesday, May 31st: Virtual Coffee with the Principal @ 5pm
- Wednesday, May 31st: Senior Awards
- Thursday, June 1st: Yearbook Distribution
- Friday, June 2nd: Senior Sunset
- Saturday, June 3rd: Baccalaureate
- Wednesday, June 7th: Last Day of School - Minimum Day
- Wednesday, June 7th: Senior Breakfast & Graduation Practice
- Thursday, June 8th: Class of 2023 Graduation @ 6pm
- Friday, June 9th: Grad Nite
What fun meeting so many new Cougar Families at Spring Fling! We love talking up all things SCHS, especially PTO. Welcome to the Class of 2027!
We are still looking for individuals to round out our 2023-24 PTO Board, particularly the positions of Secretary, Fundraising Chair, Volunteer Chair, Parliamentarian, Auditor and Grade Level Representatives. If you are interested in getting involved, send an email to email@example.com regarding your interest or to learn more about the available Board positions. Or join us at our next PTO meeting on Tuesday, May 2nd, at 6:00 p.m. in the staff lounge.
TASTE OF THE TOWN (TOT) - SAVE THE DATE
WHEN: Friday - September 22, 2023
WHERE: Local venue pending
WHAT: SCHS 9th Annual Taste of the Town
- Tastings from local food and beverage vendors
- Silent and live auction items
- Raffle baskets
WHO: SCHS families, staff, and community members (21 years old and up)
WHY: Proceeds support SCHS’s athletic programs, enrichment activities for all students, staff and school community, and the Class of 2024.
TOT is co-hosted by SCHS Athletic Boosters,SCHS Parent Teacher Organization (PTO), and the Class of 2024
Sports, Sports, and More Sports
Red is away, blue is home! Rah Rah Cougars!
Boys tennis beat Valhalla last Thursday by a score of 10 to 8 to earn a league co-champship. This years team is lead by sophomore stand out Chase Rehurek with a record of 19 wins and 1 loss. CONGRATS
The CIFSDS would like to congratulate the Mission Fed Student Athletes of the Year for the Winter 2022-2023 season! Congratulations Kyle!
Drive Safe - the Cougar Way
Friendly reminder to drive cautiously as you enter and exit the campus. Campus Supervisors are here to keep the traffic moving - please follow all traffic directions from security personnel. Reminder that we do not provide access for cars at the back of the school during the school day.