Forest Hills Elementary • February 26, 2021
Now Available | 2021-22 Grades 1-12 Registration is Now Available
Now Available | 2021-22 Kindergarten Registration is Now Available
Monday 1 | Return to In-Person for 2nd and 3rd Grade
- February 25 | No School for 2nd/3rd
- February 26 | Asynchronous Day for 2nd/3rd
Wednesday 3 | Multi-synchronous review and connection
- 8:00 - 9:05 | AM structured review and connection
- 12:45 - 1:50 | PM structured review and connection
Wednesday 3 11:30 - 12:30 | Wednesday Curbside Pickup for LO Online
- Requests due by noon the day before
- Continues every Wednesday
Thursday 4 | Grab & Go Meals will start being distributing in classrooms
Friday 5 | Return to In-Person for 4th and 5th Grade
- March 2 | No School for 4th/5th
- March 4 | Asynchronous Day for 4th/5th
Monday 15 - Friday 19 | Culture Travel Week India
Monday 22 - Friday 26 | Spring Break / No School
Visit the newly created website for up-to-date information about Forest Hills Elementary reopening. New information will be added throughout the transition back to in-person instruction.
Welcoming Our 2nd/3rd & 4th/5th Students Next Week!
Before the 1st Day of In-Person School
- Practice washing your hands for 20 seconds. CDC When and How to Wash Your Hands
- Find a mask that is comfortable and get a few pairs. Masks should completely cover the mouth and nose, and fit snugly without gaps. Masks with exhalation valves and neck gaiters are not allowed. CDC Your Guide to Masks
- Practice wearing your mask for extended periods.
- Get a reusable water bottle. Water fountains will not be used in the school.
- Review the arrival and dismissal maps and the arrival videos and make a plan for coming to and leaving school.
- Complete the Go Home Plan survey to tell the school exactly how you will be going home. This is a required survey.
- Collect the supplies you will need to bring to school. See the School Supplies page on the school website.
- If riding the bus, check the bus route schedule to know your bus stop and location and time.
- Remember that specials (Innovation, Music, and PE) and other asynchronous classes (Social Emotional Learning, Social Studies, Science, and Health) will continue uninterrupted through the transition to in-person instruction.
Morning of 1st Day of School
- Eat a big breakfast/lunch. There will be no meals or snacks at school.
- Screen for signs of illness using the Daily Home Screening guide.
- Fill up your water bottle.
- Double check that you have all of your school supplies packed in your backpack.
- Don't forget your coat. The classroom will be a little chillier than normal.
School Supplies for Reopening
For a complete list of what students should bring on their first day of school, please see the School Supplies for Reopening page on the school's website.
Bus Routes Now Available
Bus routes have been developed based on students who registered to take the bus to and/or from elementary school each morning or afternoon. To keep consistent cohorts on the buses, students will need to ride their registered routes.
Each route allows for registered riders to have necessary distancing on the bus. All bus drivers and riders are required to wear face coverings. Bus drivers will be conducting visual health screenings as they welcome each rider onto the bus, and if a student appears ill they will have a seat next to the driver. The driver will contact the front office for further health assessment upon arrival at school.
It's possible bus routes may be adjusted as the transition to hybrid in-person gets underway. If you have questions, please contact the Forest Hills front office at 503-534-2350.
This month through our Social Emotional Learning (SEL) lessons, we will be introducing COOPERATION. As a school community, we will be examining how Cooperation looks, sounds, and feels. Cooperation is about assistance and support, about collaboration and teamwork, and it is a necessary tool in our toolbox for creating a community that cares for one another.
Students will be encouraged to use cooperation skills such as communication, self-awareness, and the ability to step up (or step back) when the time is right to best support whatever group you are working with. Using these skills will help us to work alongside one another and create things, together, that are better than anything we could create on our own.
The definition students will be learning this month for Cooperation is: working together and helping others.
For your reference, here are links for extension activities if you would like to explore Cooperation further as a family:
Asynchronous SEL lessons will continue to be available to students weekly by 8 a.m. each Monday morning. Students may complete these supplementary lessons at their convenience any time throughout the week. Students will find their grade level lessons in their respective
Classified School Employees Appreciation Week
Specials and Async Classes through the Transition
Grab & Go Meal Classroom Distribution
Starting Thursday, Mar. 4, the elementary grab-and-go curbside distribution is discontinued and classroom distribution to the students at all elementary schools begins. Grab-and-go meals will be distributed to students everyday the students are in the classrooms.
Now through the end of school year, high schools grab-and-go curbside distribution will continue for LO Online students, secondary-level students, homeschooled students, and community students.
Grab-and-Go Meal Survey
Please complete this short five-question Grab-and-Go Meal Survey to help Food Services plan for our return to school.
Now Accepting Applications for Foundation Board of Directors
Are you interested in contributing to a dynamic volunteer organization dedicated to advancing our community's commitment to educational excellence?
Please consider applying for the Lake Oswego Schools Foundation Board of Directors. The Foundation is seeking parents/guardians, students and community residents to serve on its Board of Directors. Board members must demonstrate a commitment to the Foundation, the School District and the Lake Oswego community.
The term for new board members will begin June 2021. Board members commit to a two-year term and may serve up to three terms. Please click HERE to access the online application form. The application provides more information about being a board member.
Interested people should submit applications by Friday, April 9, 2021. The Nominating committee will review applications and conduct interviews in the April time frame. If you are unable to access the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a pdf version of the application.
Lake Oswego Schools Foundation prospective board member application:
Asynchronous Rotation Schedule
This Week's Asynchronous Rotation Schedule
Week of March 1
- Kindergarten / 1st Grade - Social Studies
- 2nd Grade / 3rd Grade - Health
- 4th Grade / 5th Grade - Science
1 asynchronous lesson posted per day, posted at 8 AM in Google Classroom
Book Delivery to the Classroom and Curbside Pickup
The Forest Hills Library is excited to announce that students at school who have requested library books will have them delivered to their classroom every Friday. For LO Online students, curbside pickup will continue, but will be moving to Wednesdays from 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM.
Students are still able to request books from the Destiny Discover library catalog. Holds must be made by noon the day before delivery.
Grade Level Lunch Bunches
Ms. Drimmel, our Counselor, will be providing open grade level lunch bunches. Please find the schedule below and let your students know they can log on to see friends, engage in SEL themed activities or just check in to say hello :) Students can find the link to my zoom room on my clever page, in my google classroom or here : Mrs. Drimmel's Zoom Room
Mondays @ 12:00 - 12:30 | 1st Grade Lunch Bunch
Tuesdays @ 11:15 - 11:45 | 2nd Grade Lunch Bunch
Tuesdays @ 12:00 - 12:30 | 3rd Grade Lunch Bunch
Thursdays @ 11:15 - 11:45 | 4th Grade Lunch Bunch
Thursdays @ 12:00 - 12:30 | 5th Grade Lunch Bunch
Reporting Student Absences
503-534-2350 (main office number)
The bags will contain all of the materials needed for the lab work in the Mystery Science unit. Please select the school and grade level for your student. Supply bags can be picked up at your school. Office staff will help you to get your lab supplies. No names or email addresses will be collected in this request form.
New Student Registration for 2021-22 School Year
LOSD is pleased to offer online registration through its parent portal, ParentVUE (contact your resident school for help with logging in). See the Registration & Verification page of the LOSD website for guidance. Students who are currently attending LOSD during the 2020-21 school year do NOT need to register for the 2021-22 school year.
- Falcon News February 19
- Falcon News February 12
- Falcon News February 6
- Falcon News January 29
- Falcon News January 22
Other Helpful Links
- Forest Hills Reopening Information
- Report an Absence | email@example.com or 503-534-2350
- Forest Hills Library Curbside Pickup
- Science Lessons | LOSD Elementary Science Parent Resources
- iLab | What's Happening in the iLab?
- Submit a Tech Support Ticket
- Bus Registration
- COVID | Dashboard for County Health Metrics
- COVID | Local Testing Sites for Covid-19: Clackamas, Washington, Multnomah
- PTO | Facebook Page
- PTO | Instagram | foresthills.pto
- PTO | Registration
- PTO | View Past PTO Meetings