Distance Learning Academy K-5
Weekly Update - February 12
K-5 DLA families,
This will be a short update for us. Winter conferences are wrapping up today. If you missed or did not schedule a conference, it is never too late. We are more than happy to create a conference that meets your needs and calendar.
Remember, February is I LOVE TO READ month. See the link for our February activities. Each grade level also has challenges with added incentives to be awarded at the end of the month.
PLEASE READ WITH YOUR CHILD EVERY DAY FOR AT LEAST 20 MINUTES!
IMPORTANT FEEDBACK NEEDED FOR 2021-22 PLANNING
Bag lunches and Viking Vittles
Bag lunches are provided Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11-12pm at the Gateway North Mall for any Distance Learning Academy students.
Viking Vittles are available for pickup Monday - Friday from 7:30-2:30 pm at the Gateway North Mall to any family in need
AS ALWAYS, Additional Friendly Reminders
- Focus on Reading and Math
- Ritual and Routines - Stay to your daily schedule
- Remember that your teacher continues to be available during school hours (7:00-3:00) for help (call, text, email)!
- North Branch Devices: email@example.com
- Calvert Learning help: 1-800-447-5386
Attendance line for DLA: 651-674-1062
- to be counted present for the day, you must submit at least one assignment in one subject. If this isn’t possible please contact your teacher.
- If you are ahead with lessons and plan to take a day off, please communicate with your teacher. We don’t want to mark you absent.
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, FEBRUARY 15 (PRESIDENT'S DAY)
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend,
David S Treichel
Principal, Distance Learning Academy
Principal, Norse Area Learning Center
Director of Teaching and Learning