Monk Fryston Newsletter 9.2.24
The school target for w/c 19.2.24
Safer Internet Information.
- You might have spotted that it was Safer Internet Day on 6th Feb. Information on this for parents can be found at Safer Internet Day 2024: Free Advice for Parents and Carers
- Thank you for feeding back that text reminders are useful. We have considered this alongside the request to reduce communication, and have decided to continue to send reminders after half term. We will scale these back somewhat in order to find the right balance, and will continue to encourage everyone to look at dates on the newsletter and website calendar (a link to our calendar is further down each newsletter).
Sports Day Friday 24th May.
- Sports Day has now been confirmed on the afternoon of Friday 24th May. Please note the date in your calendars.
Fundraising Event 23rd February.
- Some of our older children are holding a fundraising event after school on Friday 23rd February to help raise funds towards MF netball club’s forthcoming residential tournament. Please do support them if you can.
Parking Concerns Safety Risk to Children.
- Sadly, parking around our school continues to cause problems and safety risks to children. We would very much appreciate your co-operation in driving and parking safely in the vicinity around school.
World Book Day Thursday 7th March.
Pre Loved Uniform Sale Weds 6th March.
Grab yourself a bargain at the pre-loved uniform sale on Weds 6th March, it will be in the hall with the book fayre. If you have uniform you wish to donate please leave it with the office.
Colour Run Friday 26th April
Upcoming diary dates - also check calendar for new events or changes.
12th Feb - school holidays
19th Feb - school re-opens
20th Feb - Year 5 Young Voices Trip
**23rd Feb - Fundraising event straight after school supporting MF Netball Club **New entry**
29th Feb - Y3 & Y4 visit to Harlow Carr
6th March - school closed for Learning Review appointments
6th March - book fayre in the hall
7th March - World Book Day
8th March - Y3 & Y4 production
15th March - Comic Relief
18th March - Easter service in Church 9.30am
19th March - class photographs 9am
19th March - Easter Lunch - parents invited - more details to follow asap
19th March - open classrooms 3.30-5pm
22nd March - Training day - school closed to pupils
25th March - school holidays
8th April - school re-opens
Half Term Activities at Selby Leisure Centre
Free school meals for all years for pupils whose families receive financial support.
If you are in receipt of certain benefits, your child could also qualify for free school meals during all school years. To qualify you must be receiving:
Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods (£616.67 per month)
Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
Support under part six of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
The guarantee element of Pension Credit
Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
Working Tax Credit run-on, paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please note that contributions-based benefits, including contribution-related Jobseekers' Allowance do not entitle you to claim free school meals.
You will receive an instant decision on whether your application is successful. If it is, we will fully process the application in 5 working days and notify the school. Once the school has received this your child can begin enjoying free school meals. You should continue to pay until confirmation comes through. Schools may be able to arrange reimbursement of payment made while your entitlement is being confirmed.
Free school meals claims cannot be backdated. They are awarded from the date we receive the application, once eligibility is confirmed. This is because there is a legal requirement for a request to be made, before a free school meal can be provided. If you are not entitled to free school meals, you will be notified in writing.
Monk Fryston C of E Primary School
Tel 01977 682388
Location: Monk Fryston C Of E Primary School, Chestnut Green, Monk Fryston, Leeds, UK
Phone: 01977 682388