AES Community Connection 1/18/22
Stay connected with our school newsletter...
Dear AES Families,
Thank you for all of your efforts to keep your children healthy and our school thriving. While we are still seeing student and staff with symptoms, our preventative measures and responses have limited any spread of the virus within the building. We are carefully watching the trends and consulting with Pitkin Co Public Health.
Some of the highlights from AES...
- Students are enjoying our Nordic skiing and Snowshoeing outdoor education experiences
- The recording of the fourth grade play is in it's final editing stages
- Our teaching staff has revised our report cards to align with the CDE Standards
- Grade level teams have created at least one PYP Unit of Inquiry
- Students are completing mid-year Reading and Math Assessments
Please remember to prioritize school attendance (unless your child is ill). If your child will be out due to Covid please notify their teacher so that they can provide information regarding remote schoolwork. Looking for ways to boost your child's skills at home? Encourage your child to work on Lexia (Reading) or Symphony (Math) 2-3 times per week.
Have a wonderful week!
All my best,
Mark your calendar...
- Friday, Jan 21 - Semester 1 Ends
- Monday, Jan 24 - Student Release Day; Staff Professional Development Day- NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, Feb 3 - Selected 4th graders to participate in NAEP testing. (Parent/Guardian Brochure)
- January AES Lunch Menu
- The AES Student Handbook (Click here for Spanish) outlines expectations for our school.
- Aspen School District Absences and Excuses Policy (Click here for Spanish)
- AES Attendance (Click here for Spanish)
- School Supplies and tech fees - Click here for more information.
- Please click HERE to see the staff's favorite things!
- Order SPIRIT WEAR anytime with this link!
CMAS 3rd and 4th Graders
CMAS (Colorado Measures of Academic Success) is coming in April. Please mark your calendars and avoid scheduling vacations and appointments on these days. We encourage ALL students to participate in CMAS testing.
3rd/4th English Language Arts: April 11, 13 and 15th
3rd/4th Math: April 18, 20, 22nd
From the Library
Aspen Family Connections Presents FocusedKids
Raise calm children and create a calm home with the help of FocusedKids!Simple mindful techniques are offered for daily use to train your child’s brain for success. Sessions are FREE but please register. Sessions are offered in English. (muy pronto en Espanol)
Tuesday January 18th - 7-8 pm
Tuesday January 25th - 7-8 pm
For more information click HERE.
Does your child ride the bus?
Bus Passes and Bus Changes:
If you need a new bus pass or want your child to catch a different bus home than usual, please visit the Transportation homepage. Links to the Bus Pass Replacement Form and the Bus Change Request Form can be found there. Students will not be allowed on a bus if they are not registered for a bus, and we will not be accepting handwritten notes or text messages from parents allowing students to ride a different bus.
What do I do if my child has symptoms or exposure to COVID-19?
This link is used to report at-home positive test results related to ASD. https://redcap.pitkincounty.com/surveys/?s=77XL989JH7N9FPDC
Click here to review the School Health and Safety Update (Jan 7th)
Click here to review the PCH Testing and Isolation Algorithm (Jan)
*note isolation period in now reduced to 5 days. Rapid antigen testing prior to returning to school is recommended.
More community news...
Theatre Aspen Education Winter & Spring Classes
Story Adventures (K-2)
Wednesdays @ 3:30, starting January 26th
Play Lab (3-4)
Mondays @ 3:30, starting March 7th
Spring Break Drama Club (K-5)
Whether your child is new to performing or adores playing and creating, Theatre Aspen’s after-school programs are designed to bring out the best in our youngest performers. Students will let their creativity shine through theatre games, storytelling, art activities, and imaginative play!
Learn more & register at www.theatreaspen.org/education
Aspen Family Connections Presents Keeping Your Child Safe on the Internet
Click here for the flyer in English.
Click here for the flyer in Spanish.
From the Public Library...
AHS Choir Performing at the Denver Nuggets Game 1/23!
Aspen Elementary SKIERS
At AES we have been working on establishing essential agreements which guide the way we behave and interact with others throughout our school in every setting. This year, we are adopting the SKIER acronym as a way to frame our essential agreements school wide. We hope that you will reinforce these positive attributes with your child at home.