Superintendent's Corner 😎🏫😎
Avoca School District 37
In this issue ...
- Preparing to Welcome Our Students
- Staff Excellence - Engaging Authors and Engaging Ideas
- Important Updates - Fees for 2019-20
- Board Review / Preview
Preparing to Welcome Our Students
- August 12th was our Kindergarten Play and Popsicles welcome to our newest students
- August 23rd we welcome our new teachers and their mentors
- August 26th our whole staff convenes to kick-off the year
- August 27th Avoca West students can meet their teacher in the morning and 6th grade orientation takes place at Marie Murphy
- August 27th our whole staff convenes to collaborate on "small change" for 2019-20 and "big change" in the future, while also working on grade and content level preparations
- August 28th is our first full day with students!
Extracurricular and Other Student Fees for 2019-20
- Extracurricular fee increases $10 - to $35 per student
- Technology Fee discount for additional students reduced $50 - to $50
- One-way Transportation Fee increases $50 - to $300
- Athletics Fees are instituted for the first time as follows: Basketball $125, Volleyball $95, Soccer $50, Cross Country $40
- Science Olympiad will be $200
It is important to note that the District intends to seek ways to fund fees for students who face financial hardship. "The Viking Fund" has been established and ways for all of us to contribute to it and for it to support student fees will be communicated as the Fall season progresses.
Staff Excellence - Engaging Authors & Ideas Spark Staff Members' Opening Collaboration
Staff members will jigsaw chapters from WHEN on August 26th and August 27th as a way to collaborate around how we approach time and timing throughout our day and year.
Staff members will jigsaw chapters from BIG POTENTIAL on August 26th and August 27th as a way to collaborate around new ways to approach creating a positive and supportive environment for each other and our students.
Board Meeting Review / Preview
- Board Retreat: Governance, Achievement & Learning, Finances
- Substitute Teacher Rates (discussion)
- Facility Rental Rates (discussion)
August 22 Board Meeting Preview
- 2019-20 Budget (discussion)
- Substitute Teacher Rates (action)
- Facility Rental Rates (action)