Mini Personal Project
Criteria D - Evaluating the Solution - Sreypich Heng
How Will I Test My Final Product?
I will test my final product by surveying my teacher and classmates. Although, my target audience is myself, I can still surgery other people for improvements and to see what their opinion on certain parts of the room are. On the survey will be my design specifications and 2 straightforward questions that they can evaluate my final product with.
Summary of The Feedbacks
Out of 10 specifications, I think 2 of them concerned people the most:
- Gallery Wall: Quite a few people thought that the gallery wall consisted of too many pictures and those pictures don't compliment each other, however this is a personal preference. So, if the designer like her wall to look like that, the opinion of the audience doesn't really matter.
- Must look spacious: This is quite debatable because to me the room looks quite spacious as to how much furniture I have arranged in there and to me it is quite appropriate.
Overall, I think there are parts to improve in and I will take those concerns into consideration when I design something like this again.
- Level of Coziness: I think that I should have added a carpet under the curved chair, so the room can feel a lot more cozy. I should have also added more throw-pillows onto the ned and the chairs, so it can look extra cozy and fancy.
- Lights: From different angles of the room, some part are really dark and some are bright. I need to add more lights onto the ceiling, so there will be no problem when the night arise.
- Research: I really want to improve on this area because I was kind of held back by time. I didn't take my time before starting to develop designs to look for programs or websites that I can use to design my bedroom. I couldn't use Illustrator as I wanted to cause of its difficulties, so I had to take a couple class to find a good websites that can do the job.
- Time-Management: I want to work on this, particularly because it's really hard to film the process of creating the design in just one day. I need to practice beforehand and I need to work out how to use the program or ask teacher for advice. This area of improvement can always be improved because it's had to be perfect and practice makes perfect, so that's the only way I can adapt to it.
Impact on Society
I will showcase this project to a couple classes from the primary building, head of school, principles and teachers on March 22, 2016. By doing this, I will have a chance to talk about how and why I was so drawn to Interior Design and why it caught my attention so much. I could also share my experience and give advices to those who wish to do something similar or the same. The one important thing I want every single one of the audience to understand from looking at the project and listening to my explanation is that design is what we do. We design our own destiny and we are the ones that have the power to design and control our future, so therefore, designing a room or a house is not at all difficult. Time, creativity and dedication is the most important factor. With dedication comes commitment and with commitment comes time. All those factors are related to one another and for creativity to spark, you will need all of those factors to work alongside each other.