Chris Sandberg per 7/8
Cnc machinist has many task's from writing program, to setting up machines, and then down to making sure the part they produced is measured out to a thousandth's of an inch according to a tolerance. The people in this field have to write code that translates into a machine moving parts so that it cant turn out a specific part that is in a tolerance.
- Determine the sequence of machine operations
- Revise programs and/or tapes to eliminate errors
- Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency.
- Write programs in the language of a machine's.
- Analyze job orders, drawings, blueprints, specifications, printed circuit board pattern films
- Design data in order to calculate dimensions, tool selection, machine speeds, and feed rates.
By the year 2020 They are expecting
a demand increase of +11%.
Median Salary: 39,400
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans
This is one of the largest metal working companies in Illinois.
One of the schools in Indiana were they can train you inn the field.
Another one of the schools located in north and south Carolina.