CALVIN PARK UPDATE
May 14, 2020
We hope that you are staying healthy and well! Our staff continue to work hard to create meaningful learning activities and to respond to student needs. We know that these times are not easy for any of us and that we are all learning together along the way. Our focus continues to be on the well being of everyone in our school community.
Many families have asked about accessing the school to get items from lockers or desks. At this time, we are not able to retrieve personal belongings. Our Board is working in conjunction with KFLA Public Health to determine a safe protocol for this process. We will share any information as we receive it.
Families of our Grade 8 students are also wondering about graduation this year. We are currently in the early stages of planning for graduation with our Board staff and other elementary schools in our Board. We appreciate your patience as we work through this process.
Please continue to check these Limestone District School Board platforms for the most up-to-date information from our Board.
LDSB Website https://www.limestone.on.ca/
LDSB Twitter: https://twitter.com/LimestoneDSB
LDSB Facebook https://tinyurl.com/wbhjtku
LDSB Instagram https://instagram.com/limestonedsb/
In addition, please follow our:
Calvin Park Twitter account: @CalvinPark_LDSB or https://twitter.com/CalvinPark_LDSB
Calvin Park Website: https://calvinpark.limestone.on.ca/
We hope that you enjoy this Victoria Day long weekend and find time to enjoy some spring-like weather. If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school and leave a message (613-542-2796).
Take care of each other, be kind, and stay well,
The Calvin Park Staff
CALVIN PARK VIRTUAL RESOURCE ROOM
GET IN THE SPIRIT!
If you would like to share what learning at home looks like for you and be included in the Weekly Update, please email your photos to Mrs. Suriyuth (email@example.com)
Students are spending more time on screens than ever before during this period of time. We encourage students to spend part of their day doing non-screen activities such as cooking, reading, playing outside, doing crafts, etc. Teaching students digital safety and citizenship is part of our Ontario health curriculum. The National Online Safety website contains some excellent resources for parents and students. Please click on the button below to access these resources.
THE FOOD SHARING PROJECT
LEARNING AT HOME RESOURCES
Parents' Guide to Google Classroom
IMPORTANT - Login Change for Office 365 and Google Suite
Access to Online Reading
Accessing SORA E-Books and Audio Books on an iPad or Personal Device
2. Click on the SORA app on your iPad screen
3. Click on Find My School
4. Click “My School Isn’t Listed”
5. Type “Eastern Ontario Public Schools” or “Limestone”
6. In the drop down menu, click Limestone District
7. Enter your active directory username and password (LDSB credentials)
Accessing SORA E-Books and Audio Books on a Computer/Chromebook
2. Click on Find My School
3. Click “My School Isn’t Listed”
4. Type “Eastern Ontario Public Schools” or “Limestone”
5. In the drop down menu, click Limestone District
6. Enter your active directory username and password (LDSB credentials)
Accessing E-Books and Audio Books through KFPL (Public Library)
WELL BEING - STAYING SAFE AND HEALTHY
Resources for Talking with Young People about COVID-19
Our Board and school use several electronic tools to communicate with families. The tools are part of the SchoolMessenger app which we use to share information by text, phone or email. In order to receive these messages you need to set up a SchoolMessenger account on your computer, tablet and/or by downloading the SchoolMessenger app on your smartphone. Once you register, you can set your preferences for receiving messages. This system uses contact information in our school database that you shared at the beginning of the year. Please inform the school of changes to contact info (phone numbers, email, and/or address) by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn how to:
- Set up a SchoolMessenger App account: set up your account, review your contact information and communication preferences, join teacher-instant messaging groups, and view all your alerts and messages in one place. Watch the video tutorial.
- Use the Communicate broadcast tool: choose how you will receive alerts including how to opt-in for text messaging. Watch the video tutorial.
- Use the Board mobile app: how to choose your schools, see your messages and report and review student absences. Watch the video tutorial.
Subscribe to school calendars: receive email alerts or download calendars or individual events to your personal calendar