The Seahawks Call
Week of June 7, 2021, Volume 36
End of the Year Schedule for Students
It is hard to believe we only have 8 more days until Wednesday, June 16th, which is the last day of school for students. For planning purposes, here is the end-of-year schedule as well as the 2 hr. early dismissal schedule for students.
- Friday, June 11: 2 hr. early dismissal for all students (in-person and virtual)
- Monday, June 14: 2 hr. early dismissal for all students (in-person and virtual)
- This is the last day of in-person school for students who attend school on Mondays and Tuesdays (A-Day students/last names A-K).
- These students attend school virtually on June 15.
- Tuesday, June 15: 2 hr. early dismissal for all students (in-person and virtual)
- This is the last day of in-person school for students who attend school on Thursdays and Fridays (B-Day students/last names L-Z).
- These students attend school virtually on June 14.
- Wednesday, June 16: two-hour early dismissal for students/student last day (asynchronous day)
- Phase 2 students will continue to attend school four days per week until the end of the school year. The last day of in-person learning for Phase 2 students is Tuesday, June 15.
2-hour Early Dismissal Schedule for End of the Year
Eighth Grade Drive - Through Farewell Celebration
On Monday, June 14th from 1:00 - 3:00 pm, we will be hosting a Drive-Through Farewell for our amazing Eighth Graders. In an effort to prevent any traffic jam, we are spreading out the drive-through times according to students' last names. All traffic should enter the drive-through celebration from Willow Lane and exit onto Oak Avenue.
We look forward to seeing our Rising High Schoolers!
Last Names A-G 1-1:40 pm
Last Names H-P 1:40-2:20 pm
Last Names Q-Z 2:20-3:00 pm
Parents of Rising Seventh Graders - Updated Immunization Record Required
All incoming 7th graders need to submit an updated immunization record that shows that they have received the two required immunizations for 7th grade (meningococcal MCV4 and Tdap). If your child has already received these immunizations at a recent well-visit, please send us a copy now so that it can be processed. If your child is due to receive them soon, it can be sent to us over the summer. The immunization record can be sent via fax at (301) 934-2982, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or dropped off to the main office.
Please note that if we do not receive this documentation by the start of the 2021-2022 school year, your child may be excluded from school. If you have any questions, please call (301) 753-1787 and ask for the school nurse.
Library News from Mrs. H-J!
Dear Parents and Families:
The Scholastic Book Fair is OPEN! While the Fair will be held online this spring, we still plan on making it a fun and joyous experience for our kids. Our Virtual Fair features:
A fully Virtual Fair so you and your kids can experience the joy of the Book Fair experience! Browse nearly 300 titles by grade, meet popular authors, watch book videos, and discover the magic of reading
Direct access to over 6,000 additional titles with family-friendly prices at the Scholastic Store Online
Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards for every purchase!)
Save these dates and view our school’s Fair site:
Fair Dates: June 1-June 14
Virtual Store: Somers Book Fair Link
Only 1 week of shopping left, so stock up on Summer reads AND support our school library!
Marlon Walker - 6th Grade VP - email@example.com
Cynthia Panizzi - 7th Grade VP - firstname.lastname@example.org
Wualanda Thenstead - 8th Grade VP - email@example.com
Sonia Matthew - Administrative Asst. - firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenneth Tojek - 6th Grade Counselor - email@example.com
Nancy Franklin - 7th Grade Counselor - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brittany Williams - 8th Grade Counselor - email@example.com
INSTRUCTIONAL LEADERSHIP TEAM
Andrea Johnson - Reading Resource Teacher (Reading) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Branham - Instructional Resource Teacher (Math) - email@example.com
Suzanne Johnson - Learning Resource Teacher (Gifted Education and Testing Coordinator) - firstname.lastname@example.org