Elsie Rogers Express
ISTEP Window to Open February 29
- Please make sure your child is in school during testing. Please DO NOT plan any appointments during testing or bring your child in late on these days. Testing rooms cannot be interrupted once the test begins. If your child does come in late, he/she will be asked to sit in the office until testing is completed.
- Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep before a test, and make sure your child eats properly the day of a test. Elsie Rogers will provide a nutritional snack for students during each testing day.
- Try to maintain a pleasant home environment and avoid unnecessary conflicts.
- Make sure your child has taken any needed medication.
- Remind your child to listen carefully to the instructions from the teacher and to read the directions and each question carefully.
- Wish your child good luck each morning of the test. Tell your child that he/she is special and that you believe in him/her! Encourage a "Just Don't Quit" mindset!
Attention: 5th Graders & Parents - Sign Up Now for Instrument Selection Night!
Students who will be in 6th grade next year use the "Instrument Selection Night" as an opportunity to handle and test a variety of band and orchestra instruments. Professional music teachers are on hand to help “pair” each student with an instrument on which they will find great success in their middle school music experience! As students are making choices about music classes in 6th grade, it is critical that they be able to try a variety of instruments in order to make an informed decision about what class and which instrument they prefer. Instrument Selection Nights will be held at each middle school, beginning at the end of February and running through the month of March. Parents of 5th grade students need to consider available dates, then choose one night and schedule their visit in advance—which is easily done online.
Early Learning Academy PreSchool Opportunity
Early Learning Academy Preschools at Mary Frank and Horizon Elementary Schools are excited to announce that registration for next year, 2016-2017, is now open. Please register your child in the office at either Horizon or Mary Frank schools. The office hours are 7:00- 3:30. There is a $60 registration fee due at that time along with proof of residency, birth certificate, and a record of vaccinations. We will have an open house to meet your child's teacher in June!
The cost is $29.00 a day which includes lunch and a snack. This opportunity will provide your child the preparation needed for kindergarten! Contact Ashley Colborn at email@example.com with any further questions.
P-H-M Education Foundation's 20th Anniversary Gala
Countdown to Kindergarten
Please bring the following documentation with you:
Original Birth Certificate
Two Proofs of Residency (e.g., recent lease/rental agreement and current utility bill showing address)
Any legal documents related to child custody, restrictions, or restraining orders
We look forward to meeting our newest roadrunners!
Dates to Remember
February 18: School Wide Tubing Trip
February 25: 4/5 Music Performance
February 23/24: 2nd Grade to Snite Museum of Art
February 24: Learning Sphere Open House
February 29: March 11 - ISTEP Window (Grades 3-5)
March 12 - Young Author's Conference
March 12: Second Grade Family Day at Snite Museum of Art
March 14-18: IREAD3 (3rd Grade)
March 15: PTO Sponsored Open Swim Night at PHS
March 18: End of the 3rd Grading Period
March 25: No School
April 4 - 8: Spring Break
April 13 - May 11: Dibels Testing (Grades K-2)
April 14: PTO Sponsored Family Night out at Granite City
April 18 - May 6: ISTEP Round 2 Window (Grades 3-5)
April 29: No School
May 24: 5th Grade Family Walk Around at Schmucker