Granger Jr. High, Special Edition - April 2020
Student Registration for 2020-2021
Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open for CURRENT 7th and 8th grade students! At this time, only the ONLINE REGISTRATION process needs to be completed for your child/children. This will require a desktop or laptop computer with Internet access. Instructions were emailed to you last week.
- Online Registration is REQUIRED to be enrolled in the 2020-2021 school year.
- Parents/Guardians needing their username or activation key should click HERE and submit a request for assistance.
- If you know your username and password, please click the button below.
Click here to access the Infinite Campus Parent Login to complete online registration.
Distance Learning - Week 1
Last week was the first week of distance learning for SUHSD students. By now, students should have submitted assignments to their teachers, reached out to them during office hours and are beginning to prepare for next week's assignments. Granger Teachers are following one of two models: asynchronous and synchronous learning models.
Asynchronous Learning Model: Not in real time, teachers deliver content to students through a platform like Jupiter Grades or Canvas, leaving students to work on the assignments throughout the week
Synchronous Learning Model: In real time, such as video-conferencing at a particular time for all students, students will follow the Distance Learning Schedule below
SUHSD have sent out important letters for parents and students regarding distance learning. We ask you to routinely check your emails to stay up to date with the latest information. For the most recent letters and information regarding distance learning, please click the links below.
Important - Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Date
Students will begin testing ONLINE at 1:00 p.m. however, students must be logged on by 12:30 p.m.
Make-up test will be June 1st at 11:00 a.m.
Please make sure your child's laptop/device is working properly and connecting to the Internet.
For more info visit: https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/educators
Important - SBAC Exams Canceled
Tips for All!
- Regularly update devices and shut down iPads/Lenovos at least once a week
- Updates to iPad software can be found under the "Settings" icon
- Updates to Lenovo Laptops will happen when the device is shut down
- iPad apps that are not working can be deleted and reinstalled through the "Catalog" app
- Turn router on and off for any problems
- Click "Forget Network" under your device settings and log back onto network
Distance Learning Tips
- SUHSD launched the new parent resource website: Ask a Librarian! Our District Librarians are still available during this time and ready to answer questions regarding, assignments, technology, research, books, etc. Click HERE to access the page.
- GJH General Science 7th Gr. will be following the asynchronous model , assignments will be posted Mondays and students are to work on them throughout the week.
- Teachers have communicated expectations as well as classwork instructions to all students. Routine email checks should be done by both parents and students.
- See document below to know which platform your child's teacher will be using for distance learning.
Counselor's Tips of The Week
- College Awareness Wednesday! What do you want to do after high school? It's never too early to start thinking about it! Visit Thrively.com or Going-to-college.org to discover the possibilities!
- Speak up if you have any questions! Email your teachers and counselors if you need help or are having trouble understanding something.
- Challenge of the week - Students choose 1 self-care activity to do and had to write down how they felt before and after the activity. As well as share their thoughts with a friend or family member.
Challenge of the week - Write down 3 things students can and cannot control and share what they wrote with a friend or family member.
Parent/Student Portal Logins
Many parents have their own Jupiter Grades login information (separate from their students).
*Note: This is a special edition newsletter.
Currently, Granger Jr. High is closed to parents, students, staff and the community. To speak to a Granger staff member, you can find his/her email at gjh.sweetwaterschools.org or through the Granger App.