Weekly Family News | December 12, 2021
Vocal Winter Concert
- Our fall Scholastic Book Fair was so exciting! Thank you to all of our students/families and staff members who made a purchase. Key Elementary bought more than $4500 worth of merchandise! Our staff members earned "Scholastic Bucks" that allowed them to get free books for our classrooms! Shout out to Ms. Tienda (4th Grade Teacher), Ms. Rhodes (Library/Media Arts Teacher), and Ms. McCoy (Library/Media Arts Para) for organizing, and to all of our staff members who supported by volunteering!
- Last week, we celebrated our "Week of Gratitude". Friday was "Smile at Everyone Day". As India.Arie says..."It doesn't cost a thing to smile." Pictured below are Danielle D. & Jennessy L., both in 4th grade, who took time to smile at everyone!
- Check out Mrs. Pace's 3rd Graders' writing pieces in our hallway. Students wrote about what they would do if they lived in snow globe!
- Look at Miss Dear's Kindergarten babies practice following directions using a song! It also helped them to get some wiggles out during learning time on the carpet!
- This is also Miss Dear's Kindergarten babies practicing their letter sounds (phonemes) and spelling simple 3-letter (Consonant-Vowel-Consonant-->CVC) words!
- Congratulations to Kassidi D. (5th Grader) who won her basketball league game over the weekend!
Click here to see how to access the Oak Park network on your child's school-issued Chromebook.
Oak Park Schools is applying to receive ESSER funds to address learning recovery and the impact of COVID-19. These funds are designated for one-time or short-term expenditures to address the ongoing impact of the pandemic.
Journey to Healing
They have free parent support groups and an emergency crisis helpline.
- *FREE* Parent Support Group every 3rd Wednesday (5:30-6:30pm) via Zoom. Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/6497736518 -- Meeting ID: 649 773 6518
- *FREE* Children Emotional Healing & Grief Support, every 3rd Tuesday (4:30-5:30pm) via Zoom. Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/6497736518 -- Meeting ID: 649 773 6518
- *FREE* Adult Emotional Healing & Grief Support, every 3rd Tuesday (5:30-6:30pm). Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/6497736518 -- Meeting ID: 649 773 6518
Addressing Parent Concerns
Please click the button to find our district's communication protocol. This provides info for parents to know who to call and when, if an issue arises.