The General's Update
Your guide to DDE events & announcements: 10/14/2018
Celebrated our Respect Spirit Week winning homerooms with a free snack cart!!!
DDE Cross Country practicing hills!
8th graders translate stories from Spanish to English so they can compare and contrast characters!
- Our PTO Magazine sale and COOKIE DOUGH fundraiser is happening now! Brochures were handed out in homeroom. Please consider participating in this fundraiser. ALL money raised goes directly to after school clubs and activities for the kids!! Attached is information on the sale: http://bit.ly/2pFQs0o along with a QR code: http://bit.ly/2E8o9C1 that links to our Eisenhower fundraising page! For EASY online cookie dough ordering, please click here: http://bit.ly/2yerQ3t - Any questions contact Joanne at email@example.com.
- Whenever you shop on Amazon, please use this link to go through AmazonSmile. A portion of each eligible sale will go to the Eisenhower Middle School PTO! Happy Shopping, Generals! https://smile.amazon.com/ch/22-2634420
- Winter Sports begin on Tuesday, 11/13/18
- Wrestling, Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Cheerleading, and Zumba are the Winter Sports
- Winter Sports forms are due on Thursday, 10/25/18
- Winter Sports Interest Meetings will be held during the school day on Wednesday, 10/17/2018
- Physicals conducted on 11/14/17 and after will be valid for the winter season. To check the parent portal to make sure your student has a valid sports physical and health history form on file, please follow this link for instructions: http://bit.ly/2CqGGaM
- Everyone needs a Blue Health History Update form completed for the Winter season
8th Grade Information: High School Opportunities
As you may be aware, there are a number of programs that your student may choose to apply to for high school. Please note that these programs are completely optional. Each student will be registered with the high school that he/she is districted to attend regardless of whether or not they apply to one of these programs or a private school.
Earlier this month, a representative from the Freehold Regional High School District was here to present the Magnet Programs and the International Baccalaureate Program offered. Linked below are the presentation and handouts from that assembly. For further information, please visit frhsdmagnetprograms.com.
In addition, there are a number of Career Academies that are a part of the Monmouth County Vocational School District. Linked below is the brochure. For additional information, please visit https://www.mcvsd.org.
Please take the opportunity to review these programs in more detail and attend the open houses as indicated in the coming weeks.
FRHDS Magnet Program Presentation: http://bit.ly/2OijLnO
FRHDS Magnet Program 8th Grade Presentation: http://bit.ly/2QevCAs
MCVSD Career Academy Brochure: http://bit.ly/2xVOMU5
FTHS IB Diploma Program: http://bit.ly/2IqrD1e
Mark Your Calendar
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Thursday, October 25, 2018: Winter Sports forms are due
- Friday, October 26, 2018: Halloween Social from 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Monday, October 29, 2018: Delayed Opening for students (9:30am start time for students)/Professional Day for Staff
- Thursday, November 8 and Friday, November 9, 2018: District Closed
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018: Winter Sports begin
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018: PTO Meeting @ 6:30pm
- Friday, November 16, 2018: FTEF Monte Carlo Night @ 6:00pm - Eagle Oaks Country Club
- Wednesday, November 21, 2018: Early Dismissal
- Thursday, November 22, 2018: District Closed
- Friday, November 23, 2018: District Closed
- Thursday, November 29, 2018: Picture Makeup Day
- Tuesday, December 18, 2018: Board of Education Meeting @ 8:00pm - 384 W. Main St
- Friday, December 21, 2018: Early Dismissal - Winter Recess Begins
- Wednesday, January 2, 2019: District Reopens