AWANA Time Capsule Night Sept 12
6:25-8pm at Auke Bay Bible Church
This week is Time Capsule Night!
This week we are going to put together a time capsule with contributions from all of our clubbers. Bring something small (no larger than your fist) to add to the time capsule. We look forward to seeing everyone's creativity. We will open the time capsule at the very end of the club year.
- Sept 12: Kisti Boudreaux & Sarah Schaal
- Sept 19: Kisti Boudreaux & Lisa Sherrell
ABBC Church Website & Facebook Page
Are you a Facebook fan? Like our page to keep updated on upcoming events by that method also.
- This year's Cubbies handbook: Honey Comb
- Full Cubbies Lesson Schedule
- Sept 12: Handbook Trail Bear Hug 1
- Sept 19: Handbook Train Bear Hug 2
- Cubbies Snack Sign-up This week: Galambush
Interested in a free app to help with memorizing the Cubbies verses? Click here!
Don't forget the special "Under the Apple Tree" section of your Cubbies book. Under the Apple Tree sections offer parents ideas for hands-on activities that reinforce their child’s learning and encourage real-life applications. Clubbers who complete this optional section for each lesson will earn an extra reward magnet frame at the end of the year.
Parents play a leading role in their child's spiritual development.
- Invest in your child's growing faith by reading and discussing the Bible and the handbook sections with your child and by helping him memorize the verses each week.
- Use the Parent Ideas section in each handbook to help your child understand the biographies and see how they fit in the Bible.
- BookWalks are an extra resource to "coach" parents and clubbers through the handbooks.
- Optional parent handbooks (Hang Glider, Wing Runner and Sky Stormer) from Awana at Home correspond to your child's handbooks. These books make it easy to learn more about the Bible and answer your child's questions.
- Handbook Audio Downloads are a nice extra component to help kids with memorizing their verses.
3rd-6th - This is the third year of the new curriculum update being used for all 3rd-6th graders, Agents of Grace. Every clubber is on the same lesson each week (the all-together method). With this setup, it is best if the clubbers do the Bible study bookwork at home before coming to club. There are also extra credit options each week for those who want extra challenges and extra awards (silver/gold).
- Sept 12 - Start Zone: The Bible - Romans 10:17
- Sept 19 - Unit 1 Lesson 1: God is our Savior - Titus 3:4-5