Founder of Genetics
Pros and Cons of his early years
1.Top Marks in mathematics and science
2. He finished and got his degree in 1853
1.He was poor
2. He couldn’t pass the very tough exams
How Gregor Started his work
Data: Data Gregor made using the pea plants
- Seed shape/ round/ 5,474/ Angular/ 1,850/ RATIO/ 2.959:1
- Pod color/ Yellow/ 428/ Green/ 152/ RATIO/ 2.816:1
- Stem length/ long/ 787/ short/ 277/ RATIO/ 2.841:1
- Total/ Dominant/ 6,689/ Recessive/ 2,279/ RATIO/ 2.935:1
- Scientist thought that they already knew about Heredity.
- They didn't fully understand it.
Built off his work
Ex: Don looks like his dad
Recessive: A gene that gets covered up by a dominant gene
Ex: Jorge has blue eyes like her dad, but her mom has green eyes
CoDominant: Gene that is neither dominant or recessive
Ex: Meagan Has the same color of hair and face structure of her mom, but she has the same skin tone as her dad.