Let Your Dreams GROW Wild! Nov 28- Dec 2, 2022
Mr. Sheets, Principal * Mrs. Green, Assistant Principal * Mrs. Tokarz, Assistant Principal
-Sprouts of the Week- Responsibility
Claire Johnson, Emmy Brewer, Kayla Adams, Titan Lane, and Annagale Yates
Jayda Simon, Knox Maynard, Nevaeh Eads, Lily Overholser, and Colin Powers
These students are being recognized by their teachers for showing Responsibility- our character word of the week for 11/14/22- 11/18/22
CMSS Word of the Week- Success
Each week, CMSS will have a Word of the Week. Teachers will use their Advisory time to discuss the word and what it means/looks like at school, home, our community, and around the world.
This week's Word of the Week is....SUCCESS.
Success is a noun meaning, "result" or "outcome." Common synonyms for success include: accomplishment, achievement, and progress. Success is not quickly achieved and is a process.
"Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement,, achievement, and success have no meaning." - Benjamin Franklin
Green Thumb of the Week
Get Your Yearbooks Now!
Cafeteria Christmas Story Contest
Middle School Supply Fee (5th-6th) - There is a one-time $25 fee that includes all necessary school supplies and a class t-shirt. In addition to the supply fee, students are asked to bring a backpack, pencils, paper, and a water bottle.
The K-6th $25 supply fee can be paid during Open House (August 18th) by cash or check. Or you can pay online now at https://cabot.revtrak.net. Click on middle schools, and then select Middle School South
*Please note there is a fee for paying online.
FREE Breakfast and FREE/REDUCED Lunch Prices
Families who believe they may qualify for free or reduced-price meals based on household income are strongly encouraged to submit an online meal application as soon as possible through www.ezmealapp.com. This website is secure and confidential and is a faster and easier way for parents to apply.
Completing your application can help our district and students in many areas beyond just free or reduced-price meals. These include:
- Increased state and federal funding for schools to ensure students receive the support they need and deserve (district social worker, math/literacy/dyslexia interventionists) to help struggling learners, as well as many other academic needs.
- Discounts on fees associated with applying for college.
- Discounts on fees associated with academic tests such as the ACT and SAT.
- Access to two (2) concurrent credit (college classes) opportunities at no cost to the family.
What's for Lunch?
Pre pay your school lunch account here.
Menu: Nov 28- Dec 2
Monday-Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Pizza Pro Cheese Pizza
Tuesday- Build Your Own Nacho/Pepperoni Pizza
Wednesday- Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Pizza Pro Cheese Pizza
Thursday- Chicken Tenders
Friday- Pizza Pro Pepperoni or Cheese Pizza
Cell Phone Policy
For more information about cell phones or access to the student handbook, click the link below
Box Tops for Education
Did you know that you can support CMSS through Box Tops for Education! Box Tops for Education is still going strong and each box top counts as cash for CMSS! Since 1996, General Mills has donated over $913 million to schools just like CMSS.
You can continue to send in your Box Tops with your student OR you can download the Box Top App and choose CMSS at your school. Then, simply scan your grocery receipt and CMSS will be credited for each eligible item you purchased.
- December 8: Family Movie Night
- December 16: End of Second Nine Weeks Grading Period
- December 19-January 2: No School/Winter Break
- Jan 3: Students return from Winter Break
- Jan 4-6: CMSS MAPs testing
Car Rider Procedures
Avoid dropping off/picking up your student in the parking lots. This creates traffic that could result in an injury to our students and staff. Parking lots are reserved for those parking and entering the building.
Morning Drop Off
- Drop off is 1 lane. Use the lane closest to the building.
- Please pull as far forward as possible when dropping off your student. This allows more students to exit the cars and speeds up the drop off line.
- Students will enter the building through the front doors.
Afternoon Pick Up
- Pick up is 2 lanes after entering the CMSS driveway. Cars must use the "Merge" lane to create 1 lane of traffic heading toward Kerr Station Road. Panther Trail is a city street and must remain open for through traffic.
- Present your placard to the caller as you approach the beginning of the car line.
- Students will listen for their name and go to the number called with their name.
- Cars will pull up to the number called. (#1 is near the 6th grade hall/closest to the Kerr Station exit/#10 is near the 5th grade hall/closest to the caller).
- Students will wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop to load their car.
Cabot Middle School South