E.J. Hayes Weekly Newsletter
October 15, 2021
Note from the Principal's Desk
Greetings Parents and Stakeholders,
Check ins went well last week. We will continue to test 4th graders next week. Candyman supplies will also be delivered to the school on October 18. Small orders will be sent home with students. Larger orders need to be picked up by parents at the school anytime. We are looking forward to the 8th week of school! Book Fair is next week!
Thank you for choosing E.J. Hayes: Where relationships foster learning!
- October 18-22 - NC Check-ins
- October 18 - Candyman supplies are delivered to the school
- October 18-21 - E.J. Hayes Book Fair
- October 21- Report card Social for Honor Roll and Principal List students
- October 22 - Pink out day--- Breast Cancer Awareness day
- October 25-29 - Red Ribbon Week
- November 11 - Veterans Day - No school for staff or students
- November 16 - Grading Period ends
- November 24-26 - Thanksgiving - No school for staff
- December 20 - No School for students and 10 month employees
- December 22-31 - Winter Break (No School for students and staff)
- January 3 - Optional Teacher Work Day (No school for students)
Book Fair Information
Candy Man Celebrations
Posters celebrating students who qualified for Fun Day
Lunches for next week
Tuesday: Chicken Pastry, Black Eyed Peas, Mixed Fruit
Wednesday: Baked Chicken Tenders, Herb Roasted Potatoes, Pears
Thursday: Hamburger Steak with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Apples
Friday: Scoop in Tacos, Steamed Broccoli, Applesauce
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal
Instructions for Accessing PowerSchool's Parent Portal. Students received a piece of paper with this information on it yesterday. Please check your child's folders.
There are two ways to access your child's information in PowerSchool. In addition to these instructions, you will need the letter from your child's school/teacher that contains the access IDs and passwords.
The First Way (This is the quickest and easiest way.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Enter the Student Access ID and Student Access Password into the Parent Sign In fields
(Yes, it will work!)
3. Make sure to enter the Student Access Password in ALL CAPS
4. This should take you right in to your child's information
The Second Way (This way allows the parent to receive periodic email updates.)
1. Go to martin.powerschool.com/public
2. Click on the Create Account tab
3. Click the blue Create Account button
4. On the Create Parent Account page, at the top, enter the parent's first and last name,
email address, desired username, and password (twice). Make sure to follow the password parameters in order for your password and account to be created
5. In the link to Student Account section under the number 1, enter your first student's
name, PARENT access ID and PARENT access password. Then, in the dropdown, select the choice that best represents your relationship to the student.
6. If you have multiple children, you can enter their information under numbers (2 through 7). By adding all of your children to one account, you can access all of your children using one username and password.
7. After you have entered all of the required information, click on the Enter button.
8. If you were successful, you will get a message saying "Congratulations! Your new Parent
Account has been created. Enter your Username and password to start using your new account." Then use your new username and password to sign into your parent account.
9. If you were unsuccessful, you will get a message saying you are missing some required
information. Correct what is missing or incorrect and Enter again.
10. Please Note: You can only use your email address one time to setup an account. If your
email address has already been used and is attached to an existing account, your account creation will be unsuccessful and you will have to use another email address.