District Weekly News
March 11, 2021
BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING THURSDAY, MARCH 11TH
Our next board meeting will be this evening, Thursday, March 11th at 7:00 p.m. Due to the Governor’s executive order limiting indoor capacity to 25% of space capacity, no more than 80 members of the public will be able to attend in-person. To help manage this, please read the following:
- Please note, the meeting will also be online and you can join prior to the start of the meeting by clicking on the following link: https://www.sbschools.org/board_of_education/meetings/agendas__minutes_and_videos. Information on how to join the meeting will also be available on the South Brunswick School District website at www.sbschools.org on the banner.
- Anyone who will be attending in-person must wear a mask at all times and perform a pre-admittance self-evaluation, inclusive of a temperature check at the door. Anyone who does not comply will be turned away at the door.
- We ask that you arrive 30 minutes prior to the start of the meeting.
- The Board will accept public comments in-person and online.
- If you would like to make a public comment at the meeting, please click on the following link to register whether in-person or online. March 11th BOE Registration Link
At this meeting, we will be honoring the final group of our National Merit Commended Students along with an educator who inspired them.
Scott Feder will also be presenting on the proposed Budget for the coming year this evening.
We hope you can join us virtually at that time.
UPCOMING PROJECT GRADUATION MEETING
There is a Project Graduation Meeting scheduled for Monday, March 15th at 8:00 p.m.
Join the meeting via Zoom at the following link:
Meeting ID: 975 2651 0849
PROJECT GRADUATION CLOTHING AND SHOE DRIVE FUNDRAISER
Project Graduation will be hosting its Clothing and Shoe Drive Fundraiser on Saturday, March 13th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please click here for additional information.
PROJECT GRADUATION RESTAURANT OF THE MONTH
Project Graduation's upcoming Restaurant of the Month will be Labebe Mediterranean Cuisine on Monday, March 15th from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Be sure to mention SBHS Project Graduation when you are ordering and picking up your order and they will donate 20% of all purchases made that day to help support Project Graduation. Please click here for more information.
ATTENTION: HYBRID LEARNERS - WEEKEND MEALS FOR STUDENTS ATTENDING IN-PERSON LEARNING
INTERACT CLUB PRESENTS THE SOUTH BRUNSWICK WINTER DRIVE
BRIDGE CENTER OFFERS DISCUSSION GROUPS FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL PARENTS
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY CALENDARS FOR MARCH
Please click here to view the Physical Activity Calendars for families for the month of March.
SB ART CLUB FUNDRAISER
Mark your calendars! The SB Art Club is hosting a Fundraiser at Chipotle on Monday, April 5th from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Please click here for flyer that you must present at time of purchase and the 33% of the proceeds will be donated to the Art Club. Proceeds from the fundraiser will benefit the SB Food Pantry.
PARKS AND RECREATION NEWS
- KidzArt is offering VIRTUAL art programs on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. The students will learn drawing and watercolor techniques. Click here for more information.
- US SPORTS will be instructing at WOODLOT PARK on Sunday mornings and Thursday afternoons. A Soccer and a MULTI-Sport program will be offered. For more information, please click here.
EDUCATOR AND EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT PERSON OF THE YEAR
Please click here for information on our Educator and Educational Support Person of the Year Recognition Program. Our educators and educational support people are our silver linings and
we hope you will consider celebrating one (or more!) of our faculty with a nomination letter. Educators include content/grade-level teachers, special education teachers, and all educational specialists. Educational Support People include secretaries, custodians, bus drivers and paraprofessionals.
Submissions must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 18th.