English Language Arts
Teaching Strategy: Fluency
Level: Any level of Reader (All Grade Levels)
Read Like You’ve Always Known It
When a student pauses to read a word (work out parts; prefixes, suffixes, etc.) ensure the child goes back to re-read the sentence in which the word was embedded. This helps the student to hold and build meaning within the larger text.
- I noticed you’re stopping to figure out that word. Make sure you go back and reread the sentence once you figure it out.
- Go back and read the whole sentence.
- Now that you know the word, go back and reread.
- Read it again with that word you just learned.
- Make sure that’s the right word; go back and reread the whole sentence.
- Read it again.
STEMscopes are here! Log in info is posted on Its Learning in your grade level resource course in the Science folder.
Students have just been loaded for grades 3-5. Contact Kelly Price to bring training to your school.
Newsela – We have unlimited access to hundreds of leveled news articles and Georgia Standards aligned quizzes, with new articles every day that are leveled to varied Lexile levels. You can sign-up for a free account!
Go to https://newsela.com/