CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Principal's Notes and Highlights
- I've included a picture of Mrs. Brill, a monkey, Elise and Emmie Brooks. Many of you know of Emmie's struggles with a serious illness. Emmie's mom shared with me recently that she won't have to undergo chemo and outside of scans every three months, things look really positive for her! The monkey is part of a program called Monkey in My Chair. The monkey, also named Emmie, attends school when Emmie is unable to due to doctor's visits. Students take her to the library, PE, lunch, etc. It's a great way for Emmie and her classmates to stay connected. The monkey even comes with a backpack so if you or students ever want to share a note with her, we can send it home. The real Emmie even got to come back to school some this week! So if you see a monkey on the loose...all is good!
- CSA Lincoln students and their families are invited to The Linden Project Open House on Thursday, February 2nd from 6:30-7:30 p.m. The Linden Project is the name for our playground project that will break ground this summer! Why is it named The Linden Project? Want to be one of the first groups to watch the premiere of Josh Burnett's #CelebrateColumbus video he created about our playground project? Then come to the CSA Lincoln gym on that night to view the video, learn about the project and see some of the designs!
- Please see the note below about the upcoming Book Fair during Parent Teacher Conference Week (2/6-9/17). We are partnering with the local bookstore, ViewPoint Books!
- Yearbook order forms are going home today. These are due back on January 27th.
- The second installment for the Chicago Trip was due today, January 20th. If you have not paid, you need to do so ASAP to stay on track for your student to attend the Chicago Trip.
Have a great weekend!
3rd Quarter Passions
Staff and Student Basketball Game/ Sports Recognition Night
The event will be held on Tuesday, January 31st.
Central Gym 1 @ 5:00 p.m.
It is free to all CSA Lincoln students and their families.
The 6th grade will also be hosting a Paw Pack party for 3rd-6th grade students after school on that date. Students that participate in the Paw Pack will be going to Central for the basketball game. This way our students will be recognized not just in front of their teammates, but a full crowd!
Here are all the details: Information
6th Grade Parents of Athletes- Part of the fun is getting to walk out at halftime and be recognized! Below is a form that we need you to complete if you plan to walk with your student. Thank you!
PTO Ongoing Fundraisers
Don't forget to make CSA Lincoln your organization for Kroger Community Rewards! As of the end of 2016 we have 46 households currently participating in this program. Anyone with a Kroger Plus Card can participate so be sure to get grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins involved!
Kroger Community Rewards
1. Visit www.kroger.com/communityrewards.com or call
1-800-Krogers, Option #3 to enroll your Kroger Plus Card in the Community Rewards Program and designate Columbus Signature Academy -Lincoln as your organization. Click “Enroll Now” on the Community Rewards page and enter our organization number 11083.
Use your Kroger Plus Card while shopping at the Kroger on National Road.
Box Tops for Education - Spring Submission Deadline is 2/24/17!
Keep turning in your Box Tops! The spring submission competition deadline is fast approaching! Please refer to the FAQ sheet below for any Box Tops questions and good luck to all the classes!
CSA Central Middle School / Academic Challenge Program Open House
All BCSC sixth graders and families are invited to an informational night with Central CSA and Academic Challenge teachers and administrators, Thursday, January 26th @6:00 PM sharp (general session in CMS’ gym).
Goal: To provide in-depth information for students and parents/guardians considering Central’s Academic Challenge Program (AC) and Central’s Columbus Signature Academy Program (CSA).
When: Thursday, January 26th beginning promptly at 6:00 PM in the main gym.
Doors Open: 5:30 PM
6:00-6:20 General information session (AC and CSA) in the main gym
6:20-6:30 Transition to either CSA or AC breakout sessions
6:30-7:30 Informational AC or CSA info sessions (designated classrooms)
7:30-7:40 Transition to an optional combined AC/CSA debrief (cafeteria)
7:40-8:15 Combined CSA/AC debrief (cafeteria)
Please note that a general information/orientation meeting for all incoming seventh graders is scheduled for Thursday, April 6th @6:00.
WHAT IF WE NEEDED YOU TO KNOW...
WHAT IF there was an EMERGENCY? WHAT IF we needed to GET INFORMATION TO YOU? This is a QUICK and EASY way to communicate needed information TO YOU!
Click here to join the CSA Lincoln group.
EBL Super Saturday
Super Saturday Event Schedule
Saturday January 21st, 2016 @ Columbus North H.S.
1. Doors open @ 7:30 a.m.
2. First boy’s semi-final game begins @ 8 a.m.
3. Second boy’s semi-final game begins @ 9:15 a.m.
4. First girl’s semi-final game begins @ 10:30 a.m.
5. Second girl’s semi-final game begins @ 11:45 a.m.
Clear Gym after final semi-final game
6. Re-open doors @ 1:45 p.m. for the start of Cheer Day
7. Cheer starts approximately at 2:30 p.m. ending around 4:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Clear Gym after Cheer competition
8. Re-open doors @ 5:30 p.m.
9. Boy’s championship game starts approximately 6 p.m. to 6:10 p.m.
10. Girl’s championship game starts approximately 7:30-7:40 p.m.
Northside Middle School Global Studies Pathway Night
On Monday, January 23 at 6:00 P.M., Northside will host an informational meeting for any 6th grade student and their family about our Global Studies Pathway (GSP) and/or Academic Challenge (AC) program. Doors will open at 5:30 P.M. The presentation will include the features of GSP, information about AC in 7th and 8th grade, AC selection and the GSP application procedure. Northside looks forward to welcoming you and your student to middle school!
Husky Gram Winners
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!