Principal Peoples' Notes
Some thoughts for the starting school year
November 13 - November 17
EMS Spirit Night
Chick-Fil-A Mobile Spirit Night: November 14
The annual EMS Spelling Bee is scheduled for December 7th at 9:30 am. Students who are interested in competing, can sign up and get a study guide in the library. The deadline to enter is December 4th. You can download the Word Club App to help your child study. Email Mrs. Overstreet at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Progress reports went home Thursday, November 8th. If you did not receive one, please come by the front office. Also, if you have questions about the progress your child is making, please reach out to our teachers. They will be more than willing to answer your questions.
As a reminder, our weekly attendance goal is to have at least 95% of our students HERE daily. Last week, we almost made our goal with 94.1% of our students HERE. Parents, please make sure that students are at school on time each and every day. We understand that illnesses/family matters will arise, but as much as possible have students HERE on time.
Below are some strategies to assist with school attendance:
- Make school attendance a priority.
- Talk about the importance of showing up to school every day. Help your child maintain daily routines, such as finishing homework and getting a good night’s sleep.
- Help your child maintain daily routines, such as finishing homework and getting a good night’s sleep.
- Try not to schedule dental and medical appointments during the school day.
- Don’t let your child stay home unless truly sick.
- Help your child stay engaged.
- Communicate with the school.
- Know the school’s attendance policy.
- Check on your child's attendance to be sure absences are not piling up.
November 20-24: Fall Break/Thanksgiving Holiday-No School
Friday, December 1, 2023 will be our Fall Festival.
Concessions will be sold, candy-$1, chips-$1 and $2, drinks-$1, pickles-$2, nachos-$3.
Winter Wonderland Formal
December 8th: 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
The PBIS team and PTA will host a Winter Wonderland Dance for students on December 8th in our gymnasium. As we prepare for this event, we are in need of your help! Please see the flyer below on how you can donate formal wear.
Project Alpha: 8th Grade Boys
8th grade boys will attend Project Alpha on Wednesday, November 15th. This session will be held during school in our cafeteria. Information about this event is listed below.