Mr. Williams' Lunch Bunch Book Club
Join Mr. Williams for Elementary LUNCH BUNCH BOOK CLUB
Starting the week of February 16th, I will be hosting monthly "lunch bunch" book clubs for interested elementary students. A registration form will go home tomorrow in Red Folders with more information. Please return the form by Tuesday so I may know how many books to purchase per book club.
Book clubs are a great way to create a love for reading, collaborate with different students, and read unique books with a group. Students will get to keep their books after reading. The cost of the club is $40.00, which covers the cost of the materials/books, instruction and celebration at the last lunch bunch meeting. Please make checks out to CBA. Students and I will eat lunch together, discuss the books and have a great time reading. At the last lunch bunch, we will have a book club celebration! I cannot wait to start reading! The school will purchase all books and give the first one out by next Friday.
Kindergarten and 1st Grade
The Kindergarten/First Grade Book Club will meet twice per month for 4 months.
- 2/16 and 3/1 - "Widget" by Lyn Rossiter McFarland
- 3/15 and 3/29 - "The Apple Pie that Papa Baked" by Lauren Thompson
- 4/12 and 4/26 - "Henry and Mudge" by Cynthia Rylant
- 5/10 and 5/24 - "The Empty Pot" by Demi
2nd and 3rd Grade
The 2nd and 3rd Grade students will meet twice per month for 4 months.
- 2/17 and 3/2 - "Kenny and the Dragon" by Tony DiTerlizzi
- 3/16 and 3/30 - "Freckle Juice" by Judy Blume
- 4/13 and 4/27 - "Judy Moody" by Megan McDonald
- 5/11 and 5/25 - "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl
3rd and 4th Grade
The 3rd and 4th grade students will meet twice per month for 4 months.
- 2/18 and 3/3 - "Walk Two Moons" by Sharon Creech
- 3/17 and 3/31 - "How to Eat Fried Worms" by Thomas Rockwell
- 4/14 and 4/28 - "The Misadventures of Maude March" by Audrey Couloubis
- 5/12 and 5/19 - "Snow Treasure" by Marie McSwigan
All levels of readers are welcome to join the book clubs.