JPS Week Ahead for Parents
Week of March 4-8, 2019
It's here! Our Third Annual Cardboard Challenge Week will take place all week.
Thank you so much for your cardboard donations - keep them coming!
Our students will be designing, building, testing, and collaborating!
A big thanks in advance to our awesome caretakers - Mr. Inwood and Dylan
(We know this creates some extra work for you and we appreciate it!)
- bring in cardboard if you have it!
Tuesday, March 5 - Day 5
Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
bring in cardboard!
Wednesday, March 6 - Day 1
- last day to bring in cardboard
Thursday, February 28 - Day 2
Friday, March 8 - Day 3
- Hot lunch: honey garlic chicken
- SPIRIT DAY - RETRO DAY
March 11-15 - March Break
March 18 Team and club photos for yearbook (9:20 am)
April 5 - PA Day
April 19 - holiday
April 22 - holiday
April 24 - Gr. 7 immunizations (2nd round)
May 17 - PA Day
May 20 - holiday
May 25 - JPS Country Fair
May 28 - 30 - Gr. 3 & 6 EQAO
June 4 Regional Track and Field Meet
June 25 - Gr. 8 Grad
June 29 - PA Day
On-line Kindergarten registration is open!
LDSB Strategic Plan Update
The first year of the new Limestone District School Board Strategic Plan is now complete, and we are pleased to share our continuing journey with you.
After more than one year of review, reports and consultation, the Board introduced three key pillars – Wellness, Innovation and Collaboration – to help guide our work over the next five years, and to address the unique and changing needs of all of our students and school communities. Since we approved our new plan in 2017, it has been enthusiastically embraced by our school communities. Every day, we see just how our schools are putting Wellness first; turning Innovation into action; and being committed to Collaboration. It’s been an exciting first year.
Each pillar has been assigned specific goals and areas of focus and respective action plans (Strategic Action Plan Evaluation Framework: 2017-2022) on how we will measure our success. One year into the five-year plan, we are pleased to report that the majority of our actions and initiatives are on target in supporting student achievement and well-being. You can view the year-end report for the 2017-2018 school year on our website portal. There, you will also see many stories of Wellness, Innovation and Collaboration.
We are also pleased to share a short video, One-Year Retrospective – Wellness, Innovation & Collaboration (2017-2018), that highlights the work of staff and students in helping us achieve our vision where, together, we embrace and foster engaging and innovative learning everyone achieves success and well-being.
We hope you will take a few minutes to review our first-year video, reports and stories. This is important work and we are grateful to you, and our students, staff, partners and the public for helping us to strengthen, nurture and enhance student achievement, and student and staff well-being.
Thank you for your ongoing support as we work to ensure everyone sees themselves in Limestone.
Director of Education
City of Kingston March Break and Spring Acivity Guide
EarlyON open over March Break!
A Few Reminders...
- please ensure our bus drop off lane stays clear in the mornings and at the end of the school day - parents/guardians can park in the lot or on the road
- please make sure end-of-day arrangements are made with your child's teacher (via a note or the agenda) and that your child knows how he/she is going home. We are finding that we are losing instructional time the last half hour of the day with having to disrupt classes to pull students out or call in with pick up information. Students are learning right up to 3:35 and if parents/guardians can wait to pick up until then, we'd appreciate it.
- if you are picking up your child(ren) at the end of the day, please ensure that they are picked up at 3:35. We don't have supervision after school.