Robertson January, 2021
Friday Jan. 22, Professional Development - NO SCHOOL
Meal Distribution - Every Wed. 11:00am - 12:30pm & 4:00pm - 5:30pm
Feb. 3rd, 2021 - Report Cards mailed home:
18th Annual Lee Paggett Food Drive:
I am a member of the Martin Luther King Jr. planning committee and we are conducting the 18th Annual Lee Paggett Food Drive. For the past seventeen years, the Yakima School District has led the Lee Paggett Food Drive to honor a beloved man who worked tirelessly for Yakima; fundraising for various causes and helping the youth.
Though remote learning has presented challenges, this year’s food drive will continue. We will not be collecting food at individual schools for this year’s event. Instead, we will be collecting non-perishable food items at both comprehensive high schools, Eisenhower and Davis. Food drop boxes will be placed outside the main office doors of both schools beginning January 19th and ending January 22nd. The community is welcome to drop off non-perishable food items at either school from the hours of 8:00am – 4:00pm. The food donations will go to Northwest Harvest in Mr. Paggett’s honor.
A Few Reminders:
We are so excited to be back in school after winter break. Just a few reminders as we get back into our school routine.
Attendance is important whether we are remote or in-person. Please make sure that your child engages in remote learning every day. Some ways your child's attendance is counted is by:
-Attending a Google Meeting
-Completing work in Google Classroom
-Attending a virtual meeting with one of their teachers
-Sending completed work to their teacher
Please keep in mind the Robertson STAR Expectations for Remote learning to help your child be successful in remote learning.
Robertson ⭐STAR⭐ Expectations for Remote Learning:
Robertson ⭐STAR⭐ Expectations for Remote Learning
Safe Choices And Solutions
· I eat a healthy breakfast.
· I get dressed. appropriately for school.
· I use the restroom before logging into my class meeting.
· I provide a healthy breakfast for my child.
· I provide appropriate clothes for my child.
· I remind my child to use the restroom before my Google Class.
· My work space is ready with all my learning materials.
· My logins with my passwords are ready to go..
· My workspace is distraction free.
· My child’s workspace is distraction free and ready with all their learning materials (including logins and passwords)
· My child and I check emails and messages every day.
· I check in with my child to make sure they completed their daily tasks.
· I am actively participating in my learning.
· I ask questions if I need help.
· I problem solve and do my best.
· I am actively participating in my child’s learning.
· I reach out if my child/family needs support.
Everyone and Everything
· My mic is off unless it’s my turn to speak.
· My camera is on during my class meeting.
· I am respectful of the speaker.
o My eyes are on the speaker
o I am listening carefully to the speaker
· I use school appropriate language when speaking or typing.
· I model a positive attitude about remote learning.
· I respect my child’s time when they are in a classroom meeting.
· I am patient with my child as they are learning.
· I take time for myself as a parent so that I am able to be my best for my family.
"Specialists (Music & PE) normally give 2 grades: one that assesses skills based and one for participation. At Robertson our Specialists will provide participation grades. They will include how many Google Meets your student has attended and how many assignments they have completed. Their overall participation grade will be based on skill and participation combined."