Board of Education Notes
September Meeting Recap
The monthly Board of Education Meeting was held on Monday, September 12 at Kruse Education Center.
The Board of Education received the following reports:
- Dr. Stawick briefed the Board on the successful first weeks of school.
- With Curriculum Nights coming up, Dr. Stawick let the Board know parents will learn from the experience.
- Dr. Stawick updated the Board on the recent thefts from Sunrise Transportation. The thefts of catalytic converters from several buses have have been affecting our Special Education transportation. Twelve of the District's 15 special education routes have been restored.
- Dr. Stawick informed the Board the District will begin sending families and staff Board Meeting recaps each month, and newsletters each trimester.
- The Teachers' Union president reported teachers have been busy with new school year activities. They are looking forward to Curriculum Night and setting the stage to partner with families via side-by-sides, goal setting, and enhanced parent teacher conferences.
- The Educational Support Staff Union president reported staff is excited to be back with students. Many are actively researching and learning more about the specific needs/disabilities of their students.
The Board took the following action:
- Approved the FY2023 Budget. The preliminary budget was presented to the Board at the August meeting, and a Public Hearing was held immediately preceding the September meeting. The Budget Presentation can be viewed here. As always, the FY2023 Budget will be posted on our website.
- Approved an overnight trip for the Central Middle School Band. The destination is currently being withheld from the public so the Director can surprise the students at a later date.
- Approved a contract with Precision Control for HVAC improvements at Kruse. The project will cost approximately $1.5 million and is scheduled to be completed during the summer of 2023.
The detailed minutes of the September meeting will be available on BoardDocs once approved by the Board of Education at the October Meeting. You can watch a recording of the meeting on the District's YouTube Channel.
Next Board Meeting
The Board of Education will meet for their regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, October 11 at the Robert Procunier Administration Center, 6611 W. 171st Street, Tinley Park.
This meeting will be held on a Tuesday because of the Columbus Day holiday.
You can stream all of our monthly Board of Education meetings live on YouTube. Past meetings are also available to watch at the same link.
Minutes from the most recent meeting will be posted to BoardDocs after the Board of Education approves them at the following month's meeting.
Questions or Comments?
Please complete the form below if you have any questions or comments about this month's Board of Education Meeting, or Board business.
District 146 Board of Education
- Dr. Jeff Stawick, Superintendent
- Kelly Voliva, Director of Student Services
- Wendy Wolgan, Director of Curriculum and Instruction
- Jeff Charleston, Director of Business Services/CSBO
- Vern Bettis, Director of Technology
- Matt Shanahan, Director of Buildings and Grounds
- Brooke Dundas, Coordinator of Bilingual Education
- Brianne Oliver, Special Education Coordinator
- Carey Radke, Curriculum Coordinator
Community Consolidated School District 146
Robert Procunier Administration Center
6611 W. 171st Street
Tinley Park, IL 60477