Featherstone Student Services Team
Lessons and Resources for the Community
The purpose of this newsletter is to provide all of our Featherstone Families with classroom counseling lessons, activities and additional resources/information from the entire Featherstone Student Services team to help during this time of distance learning and social distancing. This is a living document and will be updated frequently. If there are questions or concerns that you have that are not addressed in this newsletter please let us know. We will do our best to find/direct you to the best answers.
PWCS cares deeply about students’ emotional well-being during their time away from school. If a student is in need of emotional support during this time, please feel free to send an e-mail to email@example.com. A school mental health or health professional will answer and offer virtual support to students to the best of their ability. This e-mail is not to be used for emergency situations as it will not be monitored 24 hours a day. If a student is ever in an emergency situation he/she is encouraged to call 911 or utilize one of the resources listed below:
Emergency Resources: ACTS Helpline 703.368.4141 1.800.SUICIDE (24-hour hotline) 1.800.784.2433 Crisis Text Hotline (24-hour hotline) 741741 PWC Child Protective Services Hotline 703.792.4200 PWC Community Services Board 703.792.7800
Lessons from your School Counselors
- Conflict Resolution Lesson 3 - 5 from Ms. Hayes. Check out the PowerPoint Lesson below. Lesson 6
- Conflict Resolution Lesson K - 2 from Ms. Tracy Part One. What is Conflict. Video from Sesame Street.
- Conflict Resolution Lesson K - 2 from Ms. Tracy Part 2. Story I Don't Want to be Nice.
- Lessons for ALL STUDENTS about staying home alone. There are PDFs below that will show you what to do and how to be safe when you are home alone. This is typically taught in 4th grade but ALL kids and their families should go over these together. It is very helpful at this time. Ms. Hayes and Ms. Tracy love you all and miss you lots. Lesson 5
- Time Management Lessons K-2 and 3-5 are listed as PDF below. Please check them out and use your time wisely while at home. We miss you and love you. Ms. Hayes and Ms. Tracy Lessons 4
- Internet Safety Video K - 5 Ms. Hayes/Ms. Tracy Lesson 3 (Part 1 for everyone) Check out this really fun and awesome movie about Internet Safety for all ages. Fun Activities and other lessons to follow in the activities and games section
- Internet Safety Stories K - 2 Ms. Tracy (Part 2)
- Internet Safety Stories 3 - 5 Ms. Hayes (Part 2)
- Emotional Eugene - Lesson Grades K-2 Ms. Tracy Lesson 2
- Stress Management - Lesson Grades 3 - 5 - Ms. Hayes - Lesson 2
- Be Brave Falcons - Lesson Grades K-2 Ms. Tracy Lesson 1
- Kindness Challenge - Lessons Grade 3 - 5 Ms. Hayes Lesson 1
Activities and games to do at home
A totally fun and interact game to check out what you know about good internet and technology choices. Kids can play their way to being Internet Awesome with Interland, an online adventure that puts the key lessons of digital safety into hands-on practice with four challenging games.
Internet Safety Games Grades K - 2 from Netsmatzkids.org
School Lock App - Practice using a combination lock for Apple Devices. Looking for one for Android
- Comcast: is offering 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service. To sign up, applicants can simply visit the Comcast Internet Essentials website. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers: 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish. Comcast: ofrece 60 días de servicio gratuito de Internet Essentials. Para inscribirse, los solicitantes pueden simplemente visitar el sitio web de Comcast Internet Essentials. El sitio web accesible también incluye la opción de video chat con agentes de servicio al cliente en lenguaje de señas americano. También hay dos números de teléfono dedicados: 1-855-846-8376 para inglés y 1-855-765-6995 para español.
- Cox: Connect2Complete Service. Until May 15, 2020, they are providing phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge to provide peace of mind and ease for technology needs. Resources for discounted, refurbished equipment through our association with PCs for People. Visit the Cox website. Servicio Connect2Complete. Hasta el 15 de mayo de 2020, brindan soporte telefónico y de escritorio remoto a través de Cox Complete Care sin cargo para brindar tranquilidad y facilidad para las necesidades tecnológicas. Recursos para equipos renovados y con descuento a través de nuestra asociación con PC para personas. Visita el sitio web de Cox.
- Verizon Low Cost Internet Updated as of 4/28/2020
- Verizon Wireless FAQ Updated as of 4/28/2020
**There is a new FOOD HELP LINE 703-794-4668. This number is up and running. Families can call this number and there are agents that will help direct them to their nearest food pantry based on their location or they will be entered into a system to get a delivery if they do not have transportation or are immune compromised.
If the person calling is over 65 they will automatically be put in their Sr. Home Delivery program. They get food deliveries daily and immediately push the food out to the ones who need it.**
They will need the following information
phone number and/or email address
# of people that need food
language if other than English
any special delivery instructions
Food Pantry Lists
3900 ACTS Ln, Dumfries, VA 22026
Monday & Thursday 9-11:30am, 1-3pm; Tuesday 1-3:30pm, 5-630pm; Wednesday closed; Friday 9-1130am
**Closed the first business Monday of the month for food assistance**
Requirements for food assistance: Zip codes: 22193, 22026, 22191, 22192, 22025, Picture ID, Lease or utility bill with name and current address, proof of income for the entire household. Clients will meet with an ACTS Case Worker prior to receiving food. ** Clients are seen on a first come, first served basis**
2. Bag Of Hope - Dumfries Youth Center
17857 Fraley Boulevard (Rt 1 N) Dumfries, VA 22026
Every Wednesday 6-7:00pm
3. Masroor Mosque in Manassas, VA
5640 Hoadly Rd, Manassas, VA 20112
* Food distribution on Sundays between 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM, ED
*Orders must be received by 5:00 PM, the Friday before
They are providing food this coming Sunday for families to pick up but they must request first via their website. https://usa.humanityfirst.org/masroor-mosque-food-pantry-2/?fbclid=IwAR33Rog2LmiTjFnege75z1erTfh9MwC49NGRsoM2VRp4AdDxV7s3owSpvZM
4. Our Lady of Angels
13744 Mary's Way, Woodbridge, VA 22191
Our services are available to the Parishioners of Our Lady of Angels or any individuals in the 22191, 22192, 22193, 22195, 22079, 22125 zip codes.. Individuals seeking assistance should call the Our Lady of Angels Conference Society of Saint Vincent de Paul at 571-377-8371 or use the contact form on the website.
5. The Lord's Pantry (St. Paul United Methodist Church)
1400 G Street (Lower Level), Woodbridge, VA 22191
1st Sat. 8am-10:30am
3rd Thurs. of each month 3pm-5:30pm.
Low income/ must live in 22191, 22192, 22193 zip code *bring identification and proof of address*
6. Holy Family Catholic Church
14160 Ferndale Rd. Dale City
Monday - Friday, 10am-1:30pm, by appointment only