Body Mass Index
What does it mean and what can you do?
Recommendation for your child - to get a healthy BMI
- eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, lean meats, and dairy
- exercise at least 40-60 minutes a day
- create a healthier living environment for your child (encourage playing outside, go on family walks and bike rides, choose healthier foods to buy at the grocery store, limit television time)
Childhood obesity is a huge problem!
Childhood obesity: condition when excess body fat negatively affects health/wellbeing
- many children suffer from teasing and low self-esteem issues&depression
- health issues including pre-diabetes, hyper-insulinemia, high blood pressure are very prevalent