September 29, 2022
Celebrating 28 Years of Excellence in Catholic Education
Theme for the Year
Our Mission and Vision Statements
St. Joseph Catholic School provides students with a nurturing and prayerful learning environment committed to academic excellence, training missionary disciples to seek virtue, wisdom, and truth, in partnership with a community of active and faithful families.
Catholic schools in the Diocese of Fort Worth are committed to opening the doors so that our students can reach further than the walls that would otherwise enclose them and therefore are able to recognize and cherish the eternal and transcendental goods of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Teaching the Mind...Nourishing the Soul
From the Principal
In honor of our Talent Show this evening, let us all pray a Prayer For Proper Use of Our Talents:
Lord, creator of all things,
we thank you for all the gifts you have given us.
We thank you especially for the individual
talents and interests
you have chosen to bless upon each one of us.
Jesus, our redeemer,
show us how to use these gifts wisely,
just as you redeemed many people
through your love and generosity,
help us to use our individual gifts to their fullest –
always in the service of others.
Encourage us to see the value in other people
and to convince them of their own worth.
Spirit of God, source of love,
constantly remind us that the gifts we possess
are meant for others
and that if we do not have love,
these talents have no value.
Start a fire of love within us
and convince us
that we must not only use our talents wisely,
but we must lovingly desire to serve those
who do not share our own gifts.
Without you, we cannot call God our Father,
without love, we cannot accomplish any lasting good.
St. Joseph, Protector of Families, pray for us
Diane Price, M.Ed.L.
September Bible Verse on Theme of Faith
Saintly Quote About Faith to Ponder With Your Family
"Faith and love are like the blind man's guides. They will lead you along a path
unknown to you, to the place where God is hidden." -- St. John of the Cross
Virtue for the Month of September
Study of Greek and Latin Roots
Here are the Greek and Latin roots we are working on across campus this week:
tract- (draw, pull)
com-, con- (together, with, fully, completely)
-fer (carry, bear, bring)
Reminders and Upcoming Events
- WE ARE STILL ACCEPTING NEW FAMILY APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR! Please direct inquiries to the school office.
- Wednesday Weekly Mass - Mass begins at 8:30 a.m. each Wednesday, and all are welcome to attend. Students are to wear their dress uniforms which includes a sweater.
Parents are invited to Monday Morning Prayer Services - Families are invited to our Monday Morning Prayer Services in the Marian Center. Services begin at 8:00 am. Feel free to park and walk into the gym and find a seat. As long as you leave the gym after the service, you are not going to be required to get a badge from the office.
- 9/30 Friday - Coffee with Christ at 7:30 - 8 am - come have coffee and a donut to pray the Rosary at the statue of the Blessed Mother. See the details below.
- Booster (BOOSTERTHON) registration is now open for you to sign up your student or students. PK-5th grade students, be sure to register for the GLOW RUN. 6-8th grade students, be sure to register for the COLOR RUN Register here: https://mybooster.com/v3 Be sure to check out the easy sharing functions on MYBOOSTER.COM to let others know how they can help support our school. Thank you for working with us to make our school stronger. We are grateful for your support!
We need you! Booster Run Volunteers are needed - This is a great way to work on your required volunteer hours. Here is the link to volunteer - https://signup.com/go/kkveMcz
- Do you need to complete Safe Environment Awareness training? All volunteers need to complete awareness training, please contact Mrs. Wingate 817-419-6800 or visit the diocesan website. https://fwdioc.org/training-sessions
10/4 Booster Kick-off! - Students will engage in grade-level pep rallies to kick-off the event!
10/4 Spirit Night at Panera Bread - 4000 S. Cooper 76017, all orders curbside, dine-in, and drive-thru, from 5 - 9 pm.
- 10/5 - NJHS Food Collection at Mass - One Wednesday each month, our National Junior Honor Society students host a food collection for the St. Joseph Parish St. Vincent de Paul Society pantry. Please see the list of items needed. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
General cleaning supplies
Dishwashing liquid – not for dishwashers
Kitchen garbage bags
- 10/7 First Friday Mass - Students will be attending Mass on this day, so please be sure to send them to school on Friday in their dress uniform.
- 10/7 Early Dismissal - Students will not be receiving lunch on this day. Please be sure to follow the dismissal times listed here.
Early Dismissal Times
11:50 = PK - 2nd is dismissed
12:00 = 3rd-5th is dismissed with their younger siblings
12:10 = 6th-8th is dismissed with their younger siblings
- 10/10 No School-Diocesan Faculty/Staff Inservice
- Men's Rosary Group - Each Wednesday, the Men's Rosary Group will meet in the Art Room to pray the Rosary before Mass. Please join!
- Bottled Water and Sanitizing Wipes are always needed. You can receive 1 service hour for every $10 spent. Thank you for your generosity!
- If you are an Amazon customer, please use Amazon Smile! We receive a donation from Amazon when you shop. Go to smile.amazon.com to participate. It is a very easy way to support the school! Thank you!
- If you know a St. Joseph Catholic School alumni, please let them know we are looking to stay in contact, and would love to hear how they are doing. See the notice in our alumni section of below.
Annual Fund Mailer
Be watching for this year's Quest for Excellence Annual Fund pamphlet to arrive in the mail soon. It contains all the details of why we need your financial support to grow the school. Thank you.
Honoring the Blessed Mother and Helping the School
Monthly Fellowship Opportunity
All are welcome!
SJCS Men's weekly Rosary Group
Home and School Association
Spirit Knights for 2022-2023
Service Hour Opportunities
- Volunteer to help at an HSA event!
- Help beautify the flower beds around campus
- Donate cases of water bottles
- Donate food during NJHS Food Collections at Mass
- We are always in need of Lysol spray.
- We are always in need of Clorox wipes.
- Liquid hand soap
- Disposable gloves
- STREAM Enrichment supplies (listed below)
Every $10 you spend will earn 1 service hour. Thank you! We truly need the help.
Knights in Action!
Monday Morning Prayer Service
Thank you to Mrs. Corneil and her 1st grade student leaders for praying with the school community at this week's prayer service. Each and every one of you did a wonderful job serving the community and the Lord!
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Mrs. Aguirre and her 1st graders spent some time with our Lord this afternoon in Adoration. I pray these moments shared between God and our Knights will stay with them forever.
Beautiful Gift to the Parish from the Class of 2022
Through all of their fundraising efforts the Class of 2022 was able to purchase this beautiful statue of Our Lady of Fatima for St. Joseph Parish. Thank you, Class of 2022! The parish will cherish this for years to come!
P.E. This Week
This week our Knights expressed themselves with different movements meant to improve coordination and encourage a smile or two!
SJCS received honorable mention at the Nolan Catholic Sailing Team Regatta this past weekend at the Fort Worth Boat Club. SJCS Knight, Katherine Gutierrez was the first 8th grader to place in the top three spots at the Regatta representing SJCS. The Nolan Catholic Sailing Team placed first and third. Overall, there were 125 sailors from all over Texas competing in the Regatta. We are so proud of you, Katherine!
Our 5th and 6th grade Girls Volleyball Team have been hard at work perfecting their skills to play the game well! Nice job, Lady Knights!
Displays on Campus
These colorful pieces of work are not on display in the school hallways yet, but they most certainly are beautiful!
This Week in Art
This week in Art, our Knights spent drew and designed with skill!
3rd Grade: Mexican Amate Bark Painting – designing stylized animals inspired by the Otomi Indians on brown cardstock with oil pastels in honor of National Hispanic Heritage Month
1st Grade: Original Cartoon Faces – designed after learning and practicing basic cartooning techniques and parts of the human face
4th Grade: Four Crosses Modern Art – colorful grids involving the Christian cross and the Four Seasons
8th Grade: Anatomy of the Human Skull – drawing skulls from direct observation of plastic skull models using pencil or oil pastels
8th Grade Dinner and Talent Show
Tonight was the night for the 8th Grade Dinner and Talent Show! Thank you to all of the 8th grade parents and students who helped make this fantastic event such a success! There are an awful lot of happy people in the building tonight! Thank you all for supporting this special event. The stage is set and ready for the talent to begin!
Free Choice Day!
Free choice on STEM boxes was the focus of this week. The last Thursday of the month our Knights get to choose their own STREAM work. I love how some choose to design and others choose to construct. Nice work!
SJCS Alumni News
Class of 2022
St. Joseph Parish News
Meet Our Parish Priests
Weekly Mass Opportunity
- Parish website link: https://stjoe88.org/
- Please join the parish for daily and weekend Masses at this link: https://youtu.be/LxIRBSew1yI
- Please continue tithing to your parish. St. Joseph Parishioners may go to this link to give: https://stjoe88.org/giving
- Be sure to look into FORMED.org. The parish has paid for your subscription to this vast library of inspiring videos and essential reads to help grow your faith. Just go straight to the "Enter Code" button and enter 4BDX9H to begin the process. You may also access this through the parish website link below. Enjoy!
Join Bishop Olson for mass
Catholic Diocese of Fort Worth link:
ST. JOSEPH, PROTECTOR OF FAMILIES, PRAY FOR US.