By: Maddie Walker
The Elizabethan Era
Shakespeare's Popular Plays
Hamlet is about a boy named Hamlet whose father was murdered by his uncle. He then meets a ghost who tells him to get revenge on his uncle, which Hamlet tries to do. This play was made in 1603.
This play is about a brave general named Macbeth who wants to be king, and will do anything in his way to get the throne. Macbeth was made in 1623.
Romeo and Juliet
Romeo and Juliet is about the son and daughter of two rivals falling in love although it's forbidden. The two would do anything to be together. This play was made in 1597.
Shakespeare's Influence on Language Today
- Dickinson, Christy. "The Elizabehtan Age." Shakespeare in American Comunities. n.d. Web. 3 Mar. 2015.
- "William Shakespeare." Bio. A&E Television Networks, 2015. Web. 6 Mar. 2015.
- "Hamlet." SparkNotes. n.d. Web. 8 Mar. 2015.
- "Macbeth." SparkNotes. n.d. Web. 8 Mar. 2015.
- Anderson, Hephzibah . "How Shakespeare influences the way we speak today." BBC Culture. 27 May 2014. Web. 8 Mar. 2015