October 9th, 2020
Knights In Action!
The Independence Knights played against the Reedy Lions for the first time in district play. The Varsity came out with a huge win in a 5 game thriller! The JV and Freshmen teams fought hard against the talented sub-varsity teams. Great job Knights!
Our JV Knights remain undefeated after beating Heritage last week 12-7. Our Varsity Knights took down the Redhawks last night winning 14-5 matches. Go Knights!
A MESSAGE FROM THE COUNSELORS
Thank you to all who attended the first Coffee with the Counselors for the 2020-2021 school year! We had almost 100 participants and learned so much from our College and Career Counselor, Ms. Krystal Sanders. If you were unable to attend, please use this link to see the presentation.
Feel free to reach out to Ms. Sanders for all of your College and Career needs! email@example.com
-IHS Counseling Department
Yearbook Student Survey
New Grading Guidelines
Due to students attending classes at multiple campuses , FISD has adjusted our guidelines to help maintain consistency of grading across all high school campuses. Please see the following adjustments to the grading policy.
- Students must turn in their assignments on the teacher’s agreed upon due date.
- Failure to do so will result in the student receiving a zero for that assignment.
- Students will have the ability to complete the assignment for partial credit past the original due date.
- Students will have exactly one week plus the very next TNL (Thursday Night Live) to complete the assignment for up to a maximum score of 85.
- Thursday Night Live is a 2 hour detention from 4:35-6:35 pm. We have virtual & F2F sessions available.
- Failure to attend Thursday Night Live or turn in the assignment within this time frame will result in the assignment receiving a zero.
All other grading policies remain the same. Please refer to the handbook addendum if you are interested in reading those policies.
Please know your students were informed of these changes last week by their teachers. We also wanted to keep parents informed of these updates.
Important PSAT Information for All Students – Wednesday, October 14
Grades 9 and 12
- All 9th and 12th graders (both F2F and Virtual Academy) will participate in asynchronous learning at home for the entire day. Students in grades 9 and 12 are NOT allowed on campus Wednesday, October 14.
Grades 10 and 11
- The PSAT/NMSQT will be administered on campus on Wednesday, October 14 to 10th and 11th graders only.
- Testing will begin at 9 am sharp and end approximately 12:30 pm.
- Anyone who is late will not be allowed to test.
- Virtual Academy students MUST immediately leave campus upon completion of the PSAT.
- F2F students may leave campus upon completion of the PSAT to work virtually on their asynchronous assignments.
- Students are not allowed to leave the testing room until all students in that room have completed the test.
- Cell phones, smart watches, electronic devices, and backpacks will NOT be allowed in the testing room. Lockers will not be available for storage of these items
- Regular bus transportation will run at the beginning and end of the school day for bus eligible students.
- Students will receive an email on October 13 with their testing room number.
- Students with late arrival must be in their testing room before 9 am.
- Students should bring the following on test day:
- several #2 pencils (no mechanical pencils)
- an approved calculator (all math questions can be answered without a calculator)
- snacks and drinks that may only be consumed during official breaks.
For questions about the PSAT, please contact CCMR Facilitator, Kim Colon, at ColonK@friscoisd.org
21st Annual Frisco Education Foundation Gary Burns 5K & Fun Run
Frisco ISD No-Cost Meals
UNT Now! Dual Credit Informational Webinars
Student Technology Device Support
If your student has trouble with a FISD device that was checked out for virtual learning, please log into the student portal and click on the device repair tile. They will complete the form and technical support will contact the parent/student for further assistance.