RAY CHILDERS ELEMENTARY
FACULTY AND STAFF ~ WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
END OF THE WEEK THOUGHTS . . .
As the school administrator, I have reflected on it as a "whole." I can see the areas that we need to focus on for next year. I am more knowledgeable of who these kids are. My wheels are turning as to where we need to go and the much deeper conversations we need to have about "our kids." The best part of this is-- you are reflecting as well. I have already heard you say things like, "I know next year I need to . . ." or "Next year I would do ________ differently." I appreciate this!
For me-- there is a great deal to celebrate! You have worked very hard! You have battled and conquered many trying obstacles this year! You have grown professionally! You have continued to support one another and encouraged along the way. You are a remarkable groups of folks and I am proud to serve along side of you! Thank you for what you do! I look forward to 2016-2017!
MY VIEW WHEN I ARRIVED BACK TO SCHOOL WEDNESDAY . . . EAGER FOLKS! :)
WEDNESDAY AWARDS . . .
1. Every child should be on stage.
2. If a child did not receive an academic award, then you may recognize them for an end-of-year award received in the classroom . . . acknowledging they received the award previously.
3. Please be on time... PK-2 (8:15) and 3-5 (9:15). Office staff will be available for students who will be checked out early. There will most likely be "high traffic" areas-- keep eyes open and aware of your students.
NC TWCS 2016
GRADE LEVEL CHAIRS/SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT TEAM . . .
CONGRATS . . .
2. Office staff will be visible to assist with early dismissals.
3. Follow the lunch schedule found in GOOGLE DRIVE (I will resend to you.)
4. Be mindful of visitors/parents in the building-- ensure they follow steps to check students out.
5. At the 11:30 dismissal-- ALL HANDS ON DECK! If you are not keeping second load... then please be visible and in the halls or outside. If you would like to ride a bus... let me know :)
6. RELAX and breathe... YOU MADE IT!
END OF YEAR CHECK-OUT . . .
As you prepare- remember to also do the following:
- Empty all student desks
- Stack chairs
- Empty all bookshelves and box up or put in cubbies
- Empty teacher desk's out if you are changing rooms
- Any items left in refrigerator's will be thrown away
DUTY . . .
June 6-8: Smith, Lambert, MClean (KERLEY- BUS)
NEED TO KNOW . . .
- Writing Instruction for Portfolio: 3rd writing is due by June 8th
- DIAL TESTING: June 8th 2:00-4:00
- CERTIFIED STAFF TRAINED ON TEST ADMINISTRATION: MAY 18th (see email)
● Read to Achieve Test (3rd Grade) Friday, June 3rd ELA Retest (3rd Grade) Tuesday, June 7th
- Pirate Palooza- JUNE 4th
- FIELD DAY- MONDAY, June 6th: PK-2 AM and 3-5 PM (Schedules in your box)
- Pre-K Family Celebration: June 6 @ 1:30-2:30
- 5th Grade Graduation/DANCE: June 6 @ 5:00
- Susan Whisnant Retirement Party: June 7 @ 3:15
- STAFF CELEBRATION @ KOBES: June 9 @ 11:00