Welcome to Sara's Advisee Group
I hope that this email finds you well. My name is Sara Zelechoski and I will be your advisor at JHU throughout your program. In addition to being your advisor I am also a full time stay at home mother of two amazing children and you may also see me in some of your classes, as I am an instructor in the program.
As your advisor, I will be working with the DC TFA office to support you in successfully reaching all of your certification or graduation requirements. I will partner with you to make the most of your Hopkins experiences so that you grow your instructional practice to be the best teacher possible for your students. I will answer questions that arise, problem solve with you, and generally serve as your “go-to” contact for anything that falls outside of your coursework with instructors.
Below I have included some helpful reminders and well as a survey so that I can get to know you more and provide personalized support.
I look forward to getting to know all of you.
- To ensure that I have all of the necessary information needed to best support you, please take 5-10 minutes to complete this questionnaire. I will use the information collected to personalize advising for each of you.
2. Complete the Program Orientation
- By now you should have heard from the department about the program orientation. The site should go live the morning of June 1st. Please be sure to find some time soon to complete this. I highly recommend doing so before you head off to Institute.
3. Sign up for Remind
- A few times throughout the semester I will be texting you with reminders of important dates or information. I use a site called Remind to do this. This is also how you can send personal texts to me if you prefer to communicate in that manner. Please sign up for Remind by texting @ecb7ek to 81010
4. Set up your JHU email.
- If you use another email platform and are unlikely to check your JHU email, make sure to set up forwarding from your JHU account however please understand that many offices and instuctors will contact you via your JHU Email so it is your responsibility to make sure that you are getting the information from that account on a regular basis.
5. Set up time to chat with me <optional>
- If you would like to chat, I am here for you. Please send me an email at email@example.com with three days and times that you are free to chat, as well as the best phone number to reach you at and we will get something scheduled.
Sites to Bookmark
- This is your "one stop shop" for email, ISIS, Blackboard, the ELC, the library and much more!
2. Program Information: http://education.jhu.edu/Academics/masters/MSES/tfanational/
- This is an overview of the program
3. Registrar: http://www.students.education.jhu.edu/register/
- The registrar helps with anything enrollment related
4. Student Accounts: http://www.students.education.jhu.edu/pay/
- Student Accounts will assist you with anything filing/tuition related.
5. Financial Aid: http://www.students.education.jhu.edu/financial/
- For those interested, all financial aid information is found here.