News from Anne Stewart DeMott, Principal
Remember to scroll through the entire newsletter
The LTAC Vision
- Students will receive 30 minutes weekly to make up missed work during our Academic Opportunities Sessions on Thursdays.
- Mrs. Dean offers Math tutoring Thursdays at 8 am and Wednesdays, 3 pm to 4 pm
- Mrs. Higgins offers tutoring on Wednesdays before and after school.
- Mrs. Magsam offers tutoring on Thursdays before and after school.
Accepted to BCTC
ACTE Region 2
New Teacher of the Year
Congratulations Mr. Ball!!!!!!
“I enjoy agriculture education because I have the opportunity to teach students about the most important industry in the world. There is much more to agriculture than traditional farming, and I love broadening students’ horizons to those careers and opportunities in ag,” Ball said. “Students apply content knowledge to real-world situations that connect to their daily lives because everyone has to eat!”
In his first year at Locust Trace after a stint in Nelson County High School, Ball is dual- certified in agriculture and biology. He teaches food science and animal science courses and serves as one of the FFA chapter advisors. Ball is also expanding the school’s Food Science Career Pathway and piloting agriculture courses at Jessie Clark and Leestown middle schools. Outside of Fayette County Public Schools, Ball is active in the Kentucky Association of Agricultural Educators, Kentucky ACTE, Kentucky Master Agriculture Teacher Seminar, and Kentucky Farm Bureau.
“The facilities and faculty at Locust Trace give the youth of Fayette County a learning experience that is second to none,” Ball added. “It is a blessing to move into a district that has invested so much to make agriculture education a major priority.”
The ACTE New Teacher of the Year award recognizes educators with three to five years of experience who have made significant contributions toward innovative and unique career and technical education programs and shown a professional commitment early in their careers. The Region 2 competition covers Alabama, the Bahamas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, the Virgin Islands, and Virginia.
Farm Bureau Outstanding Youth Winners
Mollie Hurst placed 1st in the female division and will advance to District 5 competition on October 27th.
Seth Felts and Savanna Stephens were named runners-up.
Logan Cheek placed 1st in the male division and will advance to District 5 Competition on October 27th.
Allison Shell and Dion Compton received third place honors.
Contestants received cash prizes and Farm Bureau goody bags.
The following students were recognized this week for their outstanding accomplishments:
- Dion Compton
- Austin Cooper
- Dylan Estes
- Erica Hansen
- Ceci Vasquez
- Olivia Poucel
- Zoe Webster
The following students have demonstrated dedication to academic progress:
- Margot Abihabib
- Taye Benton-Jones
- Samantha Briggs
- Jasmine Brown
- Haley Courtney
- Shay Lee
- Ciara Lyons
- Christina Mammen
- Madison McClease
- Nadia McKitric
- Litzy Najera
- James Nooner
- Sonya Ramierz Bravo
- Mary Reasner
- Djuan Richardson
- Jamie Smith
- Dana Thompson
LTAC introduces the Wolf Games
Designed and implemented by Will Bischoff
Updates to come in future editions of Trace Talk! Stay tuned!
The Gryffindor Pack
Pack Leader: Lewis Mink
The Owl Pack
Pack Leaders: Crystal Dean and Latissa Higgins
The Slytherin Pack
Pack Leaders: Daniel Bustle, Beth Barnott & Sharon Waun
The Italian Stallions Pack
Pack Leader: Kathleen Magsam
Motors and Mustangs Pack
Pack Leaders: Brian Craig and Laurie Mays
Pack Leaders: Heidi Anderson, Jacob Ball and Trent Hamlin
A message from our friends at STEAM
Full Applications Available at LTAC
Office Depot Rewards Program
Help Support LTAC!
Locust Trace has a Rewards ID number with Office Depot! You simply enter the ID number at checkout and LTAC will get 5% back on each order. For those of you with spouses/family in offices who may order a lot from them, if they don’t already have an organization to give to, share our ID and we could benefit from them too!
Office Depot Rewards
School ID: 70229730
**Enter the school ID at checkout to give 5% back to your school
Lafayette High School students Shadow at LTAC
Kroger Community Rewards
Help support LTAC!
Locust Trace is a registered organization with Kroger Community Rewards. This means that our school will get a percentage $$ reward based on spending. The key to success is that you have to register your Kroger plus account and select our organization as your community reward organization. Even if you enrolled last year, you MUST re-enroll this year. If you already have a Kroger plus card/account this will be really easy, it only takes about two minutes. Follow the steps below (if you have an account, you will be able to skip a lot of them because) and select Locust Trace as your organization to help us start earning!!
- Register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm. Our NPO number is 70071 but you can also search by Locust Trace.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Greenhouse students prepare poinsettias
LTAC Launches High 5 Campaign
Community Service and Volunteer Opportunities
If you want to support our volunteer and/or community service efforts, please contact
Sara Tracy, Community Liaison, email@example.com or 859.381.3990.
For more information on the Superintendent's Give 10 Campaign, please contact IAKSS at 859.381.4100.
White's Creek FFA, Nashville, TN stops to visit
LTAC Media Center
A Night at the Movies
October 27th, 6 pm to 8 pm
Fahrenheit 451 Trailer
ENGLISH 1 students are working collaboratively over the next couple of weeks to create a movie trailer for Fahrenheit 451 (the book we recently finished in class). As a fun close to this assignment, Mr. Hamlin thought it would be nice to have a "Night at the Movies" premiere of the final product.
We are going to have an event at school on the evening of Thursday, October 27, from 6-8pm to celebrate the hard work of our English 1 students. You are invited to attend this event, which will include a red carpet, student paparazzi, a complimentary meal provided by Fazoli's of Lexington, and a screening of the trailers created by each of my three classes.
Please contact Trent Hamlin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859.381.3990
Hope to see you on October 27th!
Parent/Student Information Night
Striving for 100%
- PSAT grades 9 and 10
- National FFA Convention (through the 22nd)
- FFA Meeting
- Sister Cities Group from New Market, England visits LTAC
- Halloween Costume Day
- North American International Livestock Exposition; LTAC students show lambs
- Vet Science and Horse Judging CDEs; teams compete
- Thanksgiving Dinner for LTAC students
- Greenhand Degree Ceremony, 6:30 pm, LTAC
- Alumni Holiday Dinner/Auction, 6:30 pm