Fruits and Veggies Diet
why to eat a healthy diet
Phytochemicals And Their Benifits
There are several types of phytochemicals that you can eat. Such as:
Lycopene- in reds For example: tomato's and red peppers
Lutein- in yellow/orange and dark greens For example: kale, oranges and peaches
Allicins- in white/tan and browns For example: garlic, onions, and potato's
Indoles- in greens For example: broccoli, and cabbage
Fruit Recipe: Fruit Pizza
1roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
1package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened1/3 cup sugar 1/2teaspoon vanilla 2 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 1cup halved or quartered fresh strawberries 1cup fresh or frozen blueberries 1/2 cup apple jelly
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. In pan, break up cookie dough; press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese. Stir jelly until smooth; spoon or brush over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. To serve, cut into wedges or squares. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pizza.
Vegetable Recipe: Sweet Potato Casserole
4 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/3 cup butter
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Meals With Several Food Groups: