Green screen technology
How to get started
1. Download a green screen app
I like Green Screen by DoInk, however it's $2.99. Though you wouldn't necessarily need to have everyone download a green screen app. You can be the one managing video production. Think group projects.
The students at Sand Creek Intermediate really like Touchcast. There are some ads to ignore, but it is FREE!
2. Find a green backdrop
We have two green screen curtains at Brooks School Elementary.
We ordered through Amazon. Relatively inexpensive if you're interested in making the investment.
Here are some alternatives copied and pasted from DoInk's Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Dollar Store plastic green tablecloths
- Ikea Green Shower curtain
- Green File folders from Staples
- Pizza boxes painted green
- Green Trifolds from Michaels
- Green fabric from Walmart, Joann Fabric Store
5. (Optional) Create text or an image to go on top of video
The important thing here is that the background needs to be TRANSPARENT.
Look for a white and check background behind text or image.
An easy, fun place to create text is Typorama app.
6. Assemble your layers in Green screen app
9. Save video and share with an audience!
- Upload to Seesaw
- Upload directly to YouTube (Category: Education/Unlisted)
Recording Equipment available at Brooks School Elem
These items are also available to borrow
- (2) green screen curtains
- Studio lighting
- Tripod with iPad or iPhone mount
- Swivl with microphones
- Flip camera (for long recordings)
- wire stands for holding up clipboards or notebooks