District-wide ENews Notes
March 2, 2023
Sat., Mar. 4 - Odyssey of the Mind Regional Competition, Middle & High School, 8 a.m.
Mon., Mar. 6 - Sports Booster Club Mtg., H.S. Lobby Conference Rm., 7 p.m.
Tues., Mar. 14 - Budget Study Session (followed by a regular Board of Education Meeting), BOE Rm., 6 p.m.
Mon., Mar. 20 - HFLEA Executive Committee Meeting, High School, 3:15 p.m.
Tues., Mar. 21 - District Health & Safety Committee Meeting, 3:45 p.m.
Wed., Mar. 22 - Senior Citizens' Musical Matinee and Luncheon, Middle School Cafe. & District Aud., 1 p.m.
Thurs., Mar. 23 - Fri., March 24 - Guys and Dolls, District Aud., 7:30 p.m.
Sat., Mar. 25 - Guys and Dolls, District Aud., 2 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Tues., Mar. 28 - Board of Education Meeting, BOE Rm., 7 p.m.
**NOTE: Please recognize that the District's online calendar will house the most accurate District and building events.
Please share thoughts and then rate thoughts from others. And please keep comments respectful and on point so we can really make a difference with this conversation.
Your voice matters!
The exchange will be open for 1 week, closing on March 9, 2023, at 3 p.m.
Spring 2023 Classes through HF-L Community Programs
Online registration is now open for Spring 2023 classes through HF-L Community Programs.
- Online registration is now open for Spring 2023 classes through HFL Community Programs. Check out the website for the class listings. http://ow.ly/y35U50N6lqb
- Horsemanship Program - A horsemanship program for youth ages 7 and up. Participants will experience the World of Horses by learning how to groom, tack, walk, ride and communicate with horses. Participants will also learn horse care and feeding. Barn location is 6565 E River Rd, Rush. For more information and to register click on link: https://registration.hflcsd.org/searchResults.cfm?couID=481
Check out the website for the class listings.
Sports Boosters Spring Apparel Sale
Odyssey of the Mind Regional Competition
Join the HF-L Team
Want a fun and rewarding job for the summer? Summer Rec is hiring Junior Counselors. For more information regarding the responsibilities and credentials stop by the Community Programs Office or go to the HFL Community Website. Applications to apply are available online through the link below.
Imagine Day at Manor School
Senior Citizens' Luncheon and Performance
HF-L CSD Partners with Paper
The Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District is happy to continue its partnership with Paper, a digital tutoring service. This service is available to all HF-L students in grades 4-12 and will provide free, unlimited access to virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions are 1:1 and are available 24 hours a day. Students can access this using their ClassLink portal.
Using Paper, students get homework help, writing feedback, and study support on demand. Teachers gain insights into learning gaps. Administrators have visibility into where support is needed.
Mendon Public Library
Mendon Public Library Ongoing Programs:
- Story Time Tuesdays, 10:00-10:30 AM Preschool Story Time at the Library open to preschoolers and their caregivers. Join Miss Kelly for songs, stories, and simple crafts each Tuesday.
- Paws to Relax Tuesdays, 2nd and 4th Tuesdays, 6:30-7:30 PM
- Tech Training Wednesdays, 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Knit Nook Thursdays, 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 10:00 - 11:30 AM
Mendon Public Library Special Programs
- March Fireflies Program: "Start with your Heart" (blue patch) Wednesday, March 1, 8, 15, 22, 2023, 10:00am - 10:40am. (for kids)
- "There's More to the Story": MPL's Stained Glass Window Mini Mural Project led by Rachel Anna DeVona Thursday, March 9 and March 16, 2023, 6:30pm - 7:30 pm. (all ages)
- Grupo Cultural Latinos Carnival Event Saturday, March 11, 2023, 11:00am - 11:45 am. (all ages)
- Meditation Mondays: Guided Meditation Series with Lori Monday, March 13, 2023, 6:30am - 7:30 pm. (teen/adults)
- Book Talk by Local Author: "Provocative Mothers and Their Precocious Daughters: 19th Century Women's Rights Leaders." Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 6:30pm - 7:30pm (teen/adults)
- Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body Thursday, March 16, 2023, 1:00pm - 2:00 pm (adults)
HF-L Youth Wrestling Golf Tournament
Livingston County Summer Youth Employment Program
Eligibility is based on AGE, INCOME, and RESIDENCY.
Applicants in foster care or applicants in households that receive cash assistance, Medicaid, HEAP, SSI, and SNAP are automatically eligible! It's important to know, an applicant with a disability is no longer considered a "Family of One" for income purposes.
The application can be downloaded at http://www.livingstoncounty.us/youth_employment
Applications in Spanish are available upon request.
There are quick links on our website to replace a social security card, birth certificate, and steps to obtain a work permit including the application they would normally obtain from the high school.
We are in the process of scheduling the interviews at each of the 10 school districts serving Livingston County youth. Once we have those May dates scheduled we will post them on the website and mail them to applicants.