St. Ann School
Spring Break & Week of April 2-8, 2023
Mission and Vision
Mission:We, as members of the St. Ann Catholic School family aligned to the pillars of the Catholic faith, are devoted to the Holy Father's mission of nurturing spiritual growth, academic excellence, and compassionate leadership. We live the Gospel message of Christ to be faith-filled, life-long learners committed to teaching, praying, serving, and loving.
To foster a Christ-centered, Catholic community rooted in knowledge, service, and love.
In this edition...
- Holy Week
- Feed My Sheep Message
- St. Ann Day at Culver's
- Kindergarten Open House
- Education Commission - Accepting Nominations
- FACTS Enrollment - Now Open!
- Private School Tax Deduction
- Coming Soon! St. Ann Garage Sale!
- Thank You & Congratulations!
- Lands' End Sale Coupons
- El Salvador Mission Trip Presentation
- Lunch Menu
- Remaining March Calendar
- April Calendar
The next newsletter will be sent on Friday, April 7.
Holy Thursday begins the Easter Triduum, the three days leading up to Jesus’ Resurrection. Its formal name is Mass of the Lord’s Supper, which was the first celebration of the Eucharist. Also notable at the Holy Thursday service is the washing of the feet, in which the priest washes the feet of 12 parishioners. Jesus did this to demonstrate to his disciples how they are to serve others through selfless love. At the end of Mass, consecrated hosts remain on the altar while everything else is stripped away.
Good Friday of the Lord's Passion is the only day of the entire year in which no Mass is celebrated. It's a solemn day that calls for fasting and abstinence. The main service on Good Friday features no procession. The Passion is read and the Eucharist (consecrated on Thursday) is distributed.
Holy Saturday/Easter Vigil is the most unique and perhaps most important liturgy of the year. The Easter Vigil ends the Triduum and begins Easter celebrations.
Compared to other Holy Week services, Easter Sunday Masses are most similar to those that occur during Ordinary Time. Easter, the biggest feast that the Church has, is also among the most well-attended services of the year.
Holy Week Mass Schedule
- Thursday 4/6 - 10:00 a.m. - Chrism Mass at St. Maria Goretti, Madison
- Thursday 4/6 - 7:00 p.m. - Holy Thursday Mass
- Friday 4/7 - 1:00 p.m. - Good Friday Prayer
- Saturday 4/8 - 8:00 p.m. - Easter Vigil Mass (no 5:15 p.m. Mass)
- Sunday 4/9 - 8:00 a.m. & 10:30 a.m. - East Sunday Masses
- Thursday, March 30, at 6:30 p.m., Individual Rite
- Wednesday, April 5, at 8:30 a.m., Individual Rite
- Any Saturday at 9:15 a.m., Individual Rite
- Know your sins (Examination of conscience)
- Admit your sins (Confession)
- Be sorry for you sins (Contrition)
- Change your life (Penance and prayer)
Feed My Sheep - Message from Judy Apel
Message from St. Ann Parish Coordinator of Faith Formation & Youth Ministry, Grades 6-12:
We still need volunteers for the 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. shift at the Feed My Sheep event this Saturday, March 25, at 4256 Anton Road, Fitchburg. This shift will finish assembling and packaging the last of the meals, you'll get to hear the final count (FUN!) and assist with clean up. Plus you can stay for Mass at 4:45 p.m., which will be held on site right after the event. Go to Feed My Sheep Madison to sign up or for more information. I’ll see you there! email@example.com.
St. Ann's Day at Stoughton Culver's
Sunday, March 26
Many of you are probably traveling for Spring Break; however, for those of you sticking around, on Sunday, March 26, from11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., Stoughton Culver's will donate a portion of their sales to St. Ann School. This will be the perfect time for your family to go out to eat or get a treat and help our school.
Thank you to Culver's of Stoughton for their support of St. Ann School!
SAVE THE DATE!!
Now accepting nominations for Education Commission.
St. Ann School is now accepting nominations for the St. Ann Education Commission for the 2023-24 school year. If you know of someone who would be a great asset to this Commission, or if you are intersted in serving on the Commission yourself, please send the name and contact information to current Education Commission member Liz Menzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important note regarding enrollment...
Now open in Family Portal!
2023-24 FACTS Enrollment for Kindergarten and Returning Families now OPEN!
2023-24 Tuition Rates & Fees
Private School Tax Deduction
State law allows Wisconsin parents to deduct private school tuition on their taxes. Under this law, parents can deduct up to $4,000 per student in grades K-8, and up to $10,000 per high school student.
To find your 2022 tuition payments in FACTS, please follow these steps:
- Start on your FACTS financial home page.
- In the Payment Plan & Billing box, click on View Details.
- Click on View Payment Summary.
- Make sure the year 2022 is listed in box towards top of page.
- All payments for 2022 should appear (only tuition is deductible).
- To print your results, click on the print button at top right corner.
The school's federal tax ID will also be on the results page. You can find it on the right side under the school's name.
To read more about this tax deduction, please use the link below.
Coming Soon! St. Ann Garage Sale!
Doing any Spring cleaning over Spring Break? If so, please keep the upcoming St. Ann Garage Sale in mind for your gently used items.
More details will be coming soon as to when you can drop off your items. Please do not drop off any items during Spring Break.
Thank You & Congratulations!
H&S Adult Prom
Thank you to everyone who supported the Home and School Adult Prom Fundraiser last Friday. We appreciate everyone who attended, as well as those who supported the event by purchasing raffle tickets or donating prizes.
Thank you to the following local business that donated towards the raffle prizes:
~One Community Bank
Thank you to the following local businesses that donated towards the Merchants Gift Basket:
~Viking Brew Pub
Congratulations to the following raffle prize winners:
~Bonnie Lynde won the $2,000 to Kohler Resort prize.
~Cindy Culham won the $1,000 to Sundara Spa prize.
~Kajuana Kuwonu won the $300 gift basket for downtown Stoughton merchants prize.
Congratulations to the following silent auction winners:
Congratulations to our Prom King and Queen, Scot Schafer and Stacey Schumacher! You both represent St. Ann School well!
And last, but defnitely not least, a very special thank you goes to the Prom organizing committee of Natalie Nemeckay, Jamae Ramsden, and Jill Guenther Hanson, as well as Jason Schumacher for being the DJ for the evening. The evening was a great success and a lot of fun thanks to your hard work.
Lands' End Sale Coupons
Use the link below for a Lands' End coupon for 40% off school uniforms and a 15% off in store coupon for teachers.
Lunch recess parent volunteer needed April 13.
Lunch Menu 3/27-4/7
- March 27-31 is Spring Break!
- Monday 4/3 - Popcorn Chicken (Mary Bergeson-Gallun)
- Tuesday 4/4 - Cheese Quesadilla (Brandon Hill)
- Wednesday 4/5 - Baked Potato Bar (Briana Raday)
- Thursday 4/6 - Rotini & Meat Sauce (Diana Probst)
- Friday 4/7 - No School / Good Friday
Lunch duty parents are asked to be to school by 10:55 a.m. Please plan for the weather as most days, the parent will be helping with recess outdoors.
Students in grades K-5 have recess from 11:00-11:30 a.m. and eat lunch from 11:30-Noon.
Students in grades 5-8 eat lunch from 11:10-11:30 a.m. and have recess from 11:30 a.m. to Noon.
- Monday 4/3 - Classes Resume
- Monday 4/3 - All School Adoration, 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 4/4 - Tuesday of Holy Week School Mass
- Tuesday 4/4 - Angel Choir
- Friday 4/7 - No School, Good Friday
- Sunday 4/9 - Easter Sunday
- Monday 4/10 - No School, Easter Monday
- Tuesday 4/11 - Classes Resume
- Wednesday 4/12-Monday 4/17 - St. Ann Literati Book Fair
- Thursday 4/13 - School Mass, 8:00 a.m.
- Friday 4/14 - Grandparents/Special Person Day
- Saturday 4/15-Sunday 4/16 - 1st Eucharist Celebrations at all Masses
- Monday 4/17 - All School Adoration, 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 4/18 - 8th Grade to The Playing Field, 8:15-11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 4/18 - 3rd Grade to Sons of Norway
- Thursday 4/20 - School Mass, 8:00 a.m.
- Friday 4/21 - H&S Movie Night
- Monday 4/24 - All School Adoration, 8:00 a.m.
- Tuesday 4/25 - 5th-8th Grades to CTM's Peter Pan, 8:45 a.m.-12:15 p.m.
- Thursday 4/27 - School Mass, 8:00 a.m.
St. Ann School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.