News from Your School Counselor

January Newsletter

FAFSA: Federal Application for Student Aid

If your student is a senior and planning to attend college, it is time to gather all of your financial documents for 2012. File your income tax return as soon as possible so the FAFSA can be submitted. In order to submit FAFSA, your student must apply for a PIN number as well as one parent. You will then need your completed income tax return for 2012 beside you as you complete the online FAFSA.

SAT/ACT Testing

All college bound juniors should complete required SAT and/or ACT testing by June, 2013. Check the admissions website for your selected colleges to determine required scores. Fee waivers are available from your school counselor if you qualify.