Parent Mustang Round-Up
Week of September 20, 2021
We are Meadows Elementary
“FBISD exists to inspire and equip all students to pursue futures beyond what they can imagine.”
Message from Mrs. Dickey
Here is what you should know:
- Parent/Teacher Conferences and HALF day for students on 9/23/2021.
- MASKS are HIGHLY encouraged
- Please send a refillable water bottle with your children DAILY. We have bottle fillers and are not permitted usage of the traditional water fountains.
- We will resume birthday cupcakes or cookies for student birthdays
- We are no longer permitting parents on campus for lunches at this time.
- Join PTO today! We are looking for all parents and families to get involved and bring volunteers back to the daily life of our school community.
5th Grade Musical-Important Update
Due to the recent rise in COVID19, we will be filming this event for parents to view in a virtual format. More communication from Mrs. Court will be forthcoming about specifics. Thank you for your understanding.
Meet OUR Social Worker
Respecting the HERD
This year staff at Meadows Elementary are working to ensure relationships amongst staff and students with their peers is TOP priority. We are working on the Mustang Guidelines for Success with can be described by the acronym, H.E.R.D.
- H: Honoring self and others (self control, hands to self)
- E: Engaged in all activities (follow rules and expectations in all school areas, focused on learning)
- R: Responsible and Respectful (being kind and responsible in all interactions)
- D: Demonstrating Effective Communication (using words to show meaning behind learning and conflict)
As we all begin reestablishing face-to-face instruction with our ALL of our Mustangs, we are asking for your SUPPORT in making sure ALL students understand and follow our guidelines for success.
Our biggest responsibility as educators, is to ensure you child and all children at Meadows Elementary are safe and feel valued in their education. But WE need your help reiterating these things at home.
Thank you for your support!
Remote Conferencing Options
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) has provided guidance to districts to add certain flexibility to rules for Remote Conferencing which can serve as a temporary instructional support to students who meet specific criteria. Fort Bend ISD has elected to offer this short-term instructional option to students who cannot participate in face-to-face instruction for at least 3 days due to a temporary medical condition indicated on the communicable conditions list or as a result of COVID.
Who Qualifies for Remote Conferencing
The following conditions must be met for students to participate in Remote Conferencing:
- The student is unable to attend school because of a temporary medical condition.
- The total amount of Remote Conferencing instruction does not exceed more than 20 instructional days over the entirety of the school year.
In addition, one of the following requirements also must be met:
- The student’s temporary medical condition is documented by a physician licensed to practice in the United States. The documentation must include a statement from the physician that the student is to remain confined to their home or to a hospital.
- **The student has a positive test result for a communicable condition listed in 25 TAC §97.7.
- *The student has been identified as having been in close contact with an individual who tested positive for COVID-19.
*NOTE: Close contact is having been within 3ft – 6ft for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period.
**NOTE: At this time, the District is only offering Remote Conferencing as a result of COVID-19 and will expand to other temporary medical conditions defined by TEA in the near future.
How to Opt-in to Remote Conferencing
The district will offer the first day of Remote Conferencing for students meeting the criteria above on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. On Friday, September 3, the district will send the first email communication to students who meet the criteria above and have a “return to face-to-face" date of September 8 or later. Notices will be sent daily thereafter to eligible students.
In order to activate registration for remote conferencing, the parent/guardian must complete two survey questions by logging into Skyward Family Access and clicking on the REMOTE CONFERENCE OPT-IN FORM, indicating whether the student will participate in remote conferencing, return to school, or will remain home without participating. In order to participate in Remote Conferencing the following school day, parents/guardians must respond by 3:00 p.m. the day the notification is received to attend Remote Conferencing the next school day. Responses indicating a need for Remote Conferencing submitted after 3:00 p.m. will be able to access Remote Conferencing the 2nd school day after completion of the form. Please contact your campus for device usage/check-out if needed.
Visit the FBISD Remote Conference Instruction webpage to learn more about the program.
Reporting Positive COVID Cases
Mrs. Dickey, Mrs. Blackmer, & Milo are MASKING up for YOUR safety
FBISD Website Wellness Screener
Meadows Elementary Website Wellness Screener
9/20: PTO Board Meeting
9/23: Parent/ Teacher Conference Day Early Release @ 12:10 PM
9/24: NO SCHOOL for students- Professional Development Day for Staff
Be sure and join our Meadows PTO. This wonderful organization provides so much to our precious students. More information on how to volunteer and get involved will be coming soon! Here are a few more items you will see in this portion of the newsletter:
- Ways 'n' Means