March 21, 2016
Accelerated Reader Tally
Markus - 1, 870, 882 Words Read
Eckley - 1, 728, 166 Words Read
Sherren - 1, 236, 857 Words Read
Chapple/Marston - 161, 181 Words Read
Hill- 45, 866 Words Read
Zielinski - 7, 062 Words Read
Upper-Grade Students 100,000+ Club
- Angel Coleman - 586, 920 (Baker Nash)
- Jeremiah Williams - 540, 296 (Baker Nash)
- Xavier Moreno- 388, 797(Baker Nash)
- Kassandra Nunez-Lopez - 378, 226 (Baker Nash)
- Nevaeh Wilson - 376, 472 (Baker Nash)
- Ishmael Solwazi - 269, 141 (Eckley)
- Isaiah West- 263, 508 (Markus)
- Jailyah Johnson - 260, 607 (Baker Nash)
- Alex Vidaca - 257, 410 (Markus)
- Christian Stewart - 253, 696 (Baker Nash)
- West Katoa - 252, 250 (Baker Nash)
- Courtney Smith - 195, 990 (Markus)
- Darius Ealy - 175, 163 (Markus)
- Brijae Quintana - 172, 150 (Markus)
- Miriam Angulo - 166, 644 (Sherren)
- Sema'J Sanders - 163, 957 (Eckley)
- Briah Knighten - 157, 527 (Baker Nash)
- Sebastian Drumer - 156, 393 (Baker Nash)
- Ramiyah Porter - 151, 998 (Baker Nash)
- Billy Johnson - 145, 108 (Baker Nash)
- Ayanna Johnson - 142, 994 (Eckley)
- Nigel Ragland - 137, 781 (Eckley)
- Roseyln Gonzale Contreras - 135, 254 (Sherren)
- Thomas Frazier - 131, 649 (Markus)
- Martis Ferguson - 127, 984 (Markus)
- Kh'Mari Martin - 123, 723 (Baker Nash)
- Zachary Ellis - 119, 428 (Markus)
- Amani Robertson - 112, 546 (Eckley)
- Jose Najarro - 111, 876 (Markus)
- Paris Price - 111, 498 (Eckley)
- Jaden Odom - 106, 841 (Baker Nash)
- Mah-Kylah Williams - 106, 281 (Eckley)
- Abraham Perdomo - 105, 642 (Baker Nash)
- Samajai Hooker - 101, 581 (Baker Nash)
Primary Students 10,000+ Club
- Alexis Musselwhite- 51, 728 (Chapple)
- Allen Owens- 38, 069 (Chapple)
- David Castaneda- 20, 794 (Chapple)
- Wysdom Owens- 19, 893 (Hill)
- Jarell Potter - 15, 117 (Chapple)
- David Tapia- 14, 700 (Hill)
Ms Gross, Mrs Ratcliff and Mr Gray for ensuring report cards went out on time.
The teachers and staff who shared their time and activities during math night. Baker Nash, Zielinski, Hill, Carranza, Sherren, Eckley, Markus, Novak, Jimenez, Shephard, and Marston.
Ms. Gross, Ms. Ophelia, Ms. Winnie, and everyone who made sure we were fed during Math night.
Mr. Gray for all the extra help this week with students.
Mr. Sherren for getting your students out of the classroom and learning on your field trip to the Oakland Museum.
Ms. Ophelia for helping with managing the gate on the lower yard.
Ms. Eckley for helping people find their lost items this week.
Ms. Monica, Ms. Nicole, Ms. Grace, and Ms. Diane for making space in your classroom for additional students when it was needed.
Ms. Laird for making the butterflies in Kindergarten. They are beautiful.
Ms. Laird, Mr. Gray, Ms. Brown, Ms. Ianthia, Ms. Winnie, Ms. Novak, and Mr. Williams for supporting the Portable 5 team and students. Thank you!!
Please let me know if you have a shout out you would like to see in our Howard
Instructional Focus and Look For for the Week
Student Friendly Objectives
- Fundraiser popcorn will arrive March 22nd.
- Please continue to email any tech issues to Ms. Brown, so they can be resolved as soon as possible.
- The primary gate off the parking lot will be locked from 8:30 to 2:40 please have students access the yard either through the building or through the courtyard between the two buildings.
- To ensure student safety, it is important that all staff report to yard duty on time.
Week at a Glance
Williams Off Site in the Morning
FC Meeting 3 to 4
Williams Off Site in the Morning
Cost Meeting 11 to 12
ILT Meeting 3 to 4
Staff PD 2 to 3:30
Williams Off Site in the Morning Principal PD
Farmers Market 12 to 5:30
Important Upcoming Dates
Spring Break 3/25 - 4/1
Odds and Ends
- Please submit attendance by 10:30 am daily
- Personal leave days must be requested 3 days in advance by completing a B form and submitting to Mrs Ratcliff.
- Incident reports should be filled out and submitted to the office for all head and major injuries (Incident reports do not go home).
- Ouch reports should be filled out and sent home for all minor injuries.
- Sign in and out daily with arrival and departure times.
- All independent study requests must be referred to Mrs Gross.