4POINTS ACADEMY K-8 PRIVATE SCHOOL
A school that inspires academic & social growth
In this January Newsletter, read about the following:
The advantages of a small school environment
Who are you running with? - Life lessons from Zach Theatre's the Turtoise & the Hare
2nd Annual Children's Business Fair - Saturday, April 27, 2019, 10.30am - 12.30pm!
Afterschool Programs - open to the community
- 4PA Open House - January 15th, Feb 13th, 2019, March 13th
Advantages of a Small School Environment - Part 1
Bruce Barker's article discusses some of the advantages of a small school environment. Our experience at 4PA is supportive of some of the points raised in the article. Over the next three newsletters we will highlight some of the key points raised by Mr. Barker and how they relate to us at 4PA.
The size of the school does not inhibit personal interaction; it encourages it. Small schools typically serve a community nucleus.
- We have observed a community develop among our student body. The older kids interact well with the younger kids and the kids all participate in their game/play time. There is a genuine effort to make sure that everyone is included in some way and no one is left out.
Morale among students tends to be higher in small schools... Often, literally everyone must participate in order to make a project a success. This promotes among students a sense of belonging, of pride in their community, their school, and themselves. As a result, students are likely to have better attitudes toward school and less likely to create discipline problems.
- We can definitely attest to this. The students at 4PA are more relaxed and focused on their work. There is less stress about trying to fit in and more focus on getting the work done in order to accomplish their individual academic goals.
Teachers are more apt to know their students as individuals and to be familiar with the family backgrounds from which they come. This enables teachers to more knowledgeably make special provisions for student individual needs and talents and to receive better cooperation from parents in resolving problems that may arise.
- In our environment, teachers are able to observe each student and notice when something is not right. It does not take weeks or months for our teachers to make this observation. The observations occur daily because the teachers work so closely with each child. We are then able to communicate to the parents about their child and quickly work collaboratively to address any issue.
4PA is a community that is passionate about learning!
Through hands-on experiments, students learn science in a fun and engaging way. In Language Arts, students are exposed to creative writing, grammar, book study, handwriting, weekly spelling, etc. Our math curriculum includes Advanced Math and Singapore Math.
Our students are also provided instruction in touch typing, handwriting, coding & robotics, Music - Theory and Instrument, Art - multiple mediums, Chess, Sports-based Phys. Ed, Architecture for Kids, and other enrichment activities. Homeschoolers can register for Enrichment Fridays.
Spanish & Chinese
Students in our foreign language courses are taught to speak, read, and write at a proficient level. Students work to gain mastery in order to take the AP exam, and receive high school credit. Homeschoolers can register for Spanish instruction during school day.
Who Are you Running With? - Life Lessons Taught at 4Points Academy
This week in our circle time we discussed with the kids the importance of respecting themselves and others, whether it be their siblings, teachers or others. The discussion reminded me of the play we recently saw - Tortoise and the Hare at the Zach Theatre. The play finale ended with the saying, "It's not what you're running from. It's not what you're running to, ... It's who you're running with that's all that matters." Who are you running with? It is so true that who we surround ourselves will in large part dictates our path and who we are or who we become. We encourage our students to chose wisely and to run with those who uplift and make them a better person.
For more information about the Tortoise and the Hare at Zach Theatre, click to check out the Zach Theatre website
The play ends on January 27th!
4PA 2nd Annual Children's Business Fair - April 27th in Steiner Ranch
To learn more about our Business Fair Click Here
- Mindquest - after school care with homework help and enrichment classes
- Enrichment classes - Singapore Math, Mandarin, Spanish, Art
- Tutoring - Language arts and math (elementary thru middle school)
After School Care - MindQuest
Afterschool care with our marque program, Mindquest - 3pm - 6pm -- offering homework help, playtime, and access to academic and enrichment classes. We help kids advance academically. Shuttle pick up available from area schools.
Enrichment classes - Spanish (incl. AP), Chinese Mandarin, Singapore Math, Programming/Coding, Art Exploration, Reading, Writing, , Story Book Creation, Handwriting, Organizational/Study Skills, Typing, and Chess.
Private and Semi-private Tutoring in Math (Gr. 1-12, incl. remedial, pre-AP, AP, Pace, DBl Pace), Language arts (incl. reading, writing, grammar, comprehension), and Spanish (incl. beginner's, middle school, high school, Adult).
After School Care - MindQuest
CALL US AT 512.537.7664 TO DISCUSS OPTIONS AND SCHEDULING
IQuest is our afterschool program which provides afterschool care, enrichment classes, and tutoring. IQuest also provides summer camps and other special programs for kids in the surrounding neighborhoods of Four Points, Lakeway, & Cedar Park. Call 512.537.7664 for info.