Medaling with Common Core
Score with the Common Core
Medal Worthy Events in the School Library
- Aligning lessons with the CCSS and AASL
- Research skills (keywords, evaluating sources, narrowing topics)
- Learning to become a responsible digital citizen
- Using technological, visual, & digital literacies to inquire, obtain, and share knowledge
- Inquiry based research
- Fostering a love of reading with quality books
- Creating digital presentations with Prezi, Glogster, iMovie, Tellagami, and more
- Analyzing text structures
How Can Your Librarian Help You Bring Home the Medals and Score with Common Core?
Librarians Can Be Coaches
Librarians Have Resources
Let's be the ultimate olympic team: librarians, teachers, administrators, students, parents, and community members!!
American Association of School Libraries (2009). Standards for the 21st century learner IN ACTION. Chicago: America Library Association.
American Library Association. (2013). Crosswalk of the Common Core Standards and the Standards for the 21st- Century Learner. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/aasl/guidelinesandstandards/commoncorecrosswalk
All Olympic graphics are retreived from 123RF (25,698,115 ROYALTY FREE STOCK PHOTOS) at http://www.123rf.com/search.php?word=olympics&imgtype=0&t_word=&t_lang=en
Reading coach clipart from https://www.google.com/search?q=reading+coach&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0dH2UurfM6GfyQG8pIDoCQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=622#q=reading%20coach%20clipart&revid=1369163593&tbm=isch
Library resources clipart from http://skyways.lib.ks.us/library/emporia/services/services.htm