Senior Newsletter #10
December 19, 2014
Changes to the College Planning Website
Scholarships are being added daily. We are now into "Scholarship Season"! The list of scholarships will be changing often. Also, more local scholarships will be coming out soon. There is already one local scholarship listed. Many deadlines will be on February 1st, March 1st, and April 1st. Don't wait till the last minute and try to apply for all of them.
The financial aid section of the website is being updated also. Families can start applying for financial aid on January 1st. However, most will complete the FAFSA in February because you need to have your 2014 income taxes completed to fill out the FAFSA!
Seniors make sure you are checking the website often for helpful information! Deadlines are not flexible in most cases!
COLLEGE CLUB meets every Monday from 3:00 - 4:30. If you need any help with college, scholarships, financial aid, ACT, etc., come see us in Room 401!
UNK Application Day
Monday, Jan. 12th 2015 at 9-11am
801 Riverside Boulevard
National Wild Turkey Federation Scholarship
The National Wild Turkey Federation Scholarship Program awards $1000 - $10,000 awards to graduating high school seniors. To be eligible:
- must be graduating with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- must plan to pursue a degree at an accredited institution of higher education
- must support the preservation of the hunting tradition and have a current hunting license
- must hold a current NWTF membership (The local chapter will pay for a student's membership if they are not currently a member)
- must be involved in school activities
- must demonstrate leadership and community involvement.
Northeast Nebraska Beards & Spurs
202 South 5th Street
Battle Creek, NE 68715
Phone Number: 402-675-5006
University of Nebraska Scholarships
Most of NEBRASKA's new freshmen receive scholarships and/or gift aid toward payment of their tuition. In order to be awarded a scholarship, students must complete the following checklist.
- Take the ACT or SAT on or before the December national test dates (entering freshmen only).
- For full scholarship consideration, submit admission materials no later than:
- Freshmen - January 15
- Freshmen students who wish to be considered for leadership, service, and diversity scholarships must submit a personal statement by January 15 (also available on the admissions application or through your MyRED account).
- Freshman students who wish to be considered for need-based scholarships must complete the FAFSA.
Peru State College Scholarships
All scholarships noted below with deadline are for first year, degree seeking students who apply for regular admission to Peru State College seeking to be full-time students. Every student will be evaluated for scholarship eligibility. Some scholarships require separate applications. To find specific information about each scholarship, go to http://www.peru.edu/admissions/freshman_scholarships.htm.
#Bobcat Selfie Scholarship - requires campus visit
Board of Trustees Scholarship - January 15
Chancellors's Scholarship - January 15
President's Scholarship - January 15
Dean's I Scholarship - January 15
Dean's II Scholarship - January 15
Wayne State College Art Scholarships
Wayne State College's Art and Design programs provide majors in K-12 Art Education, Graphic Design, and Studio Art. Every year the Art & Design department grants scholarships to qualified incoming freshman art students. For more information and to fill out/submit an Art scholarship application pleas visit: www.wsc.edu/artd. Scholarship information is located under "Scholarship and Financial Aid" in the "Art& Design" related links sidebar on the right corner of the page. Art Scholarship Applications are due on Friday, January 30, 2015.
Marie Curie Scholars Program at College of Saint Mary
The Marie Curie Scholars Program at College of Saint Mary is for women who excel in biology, chemistry, and math. The scholarship provides up to $20,000 annually for up to 4 years for high or transfer students. The program also includes:
- Orientation to college-level science
- Big Sister mentoring program
- Travel to a science conference
- Internships and lab research
- Paid tutoring opportunities
UNL Acacia Leadership Scholarship
Elks National Foundation Scholarships
NHS Counseling Center
Brandi Bartels E-K
Janet Johnson L-Ri
Kendra Marshall Ro-Z