Berkeley Lake ES
Summer Edition of "Bear Essentials" weekly newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
Summer School Cancelled but Online Resources Available for All Students
Gwinnett County Public Schools will not offer an in-school summer school session due to COVID concerns. Online summer resources are available to students who were recommended for summer school, as well as for students seeking additional practice or enrichment opportunities. Please click this link to view these available resources.
Technology Sites Available to Students Over the Summer
- eClass Teacher Course Pages until July 17th
- Imagine Learning Literacy for K-5 until July 31st
- Brainpop, Brainpop Jr. and Brainpop Espanol throughout summer
- Prodigy Math throughout summer
Summer Math Ideas
Students can practice their math skills over the summer by engaging in the grade appropriate math activities attached below. The intention of these summer activities is to promote engaging and fun learning experiences while maintaining math knowledge and skills over the summer.
School Supplies for Next School Year
If you need assistance with obtaining school supplies for your child, please contact Laura Marantz, School Counselor, at 770-582-7522 or by email at email@example.com.
While you are shopping for fall school supplies, please consider making a donation of supplies, if you are able. In the past, we have been able to provide supplies to families in need through donations. We expect the economic need for supplies to be higher this year. If you would like to make a donation of school supplies for students in need,or for our School Store, please contact Laura Marantz, School Counselor, at 770-582-7522 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register for Free and Reduced-Price Meals:
Families can apply for free and reduced-price meals if their household income has been affected by the current pandemic. By signing up, families can ensure their children begin next school year with these benefits. Additionally, this eligibility can be used to access other types of public assistance or services that may be available during this pandemic, such as low-cost internet services. Applications are usually processed within three days. The 2020-2021 online application will be available July 15, 2020. Questions about Free and Reduced-Price Meals, eligibility, and applications can be sent to SNP.FR@gcpsk12.org.
Summer Meals Program from Gwinnett County
Gwinnett County’s program, now in its second year, will expand to add locations and free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches for children 18 years old and younger, and adults with physical or mental disabilities 19 and older. Families can pick up nutritious meals to take home to their children at 18 park locations around the county. The meals, which consist of things like sandwiches and wraps, meet USDA guidelines. The program begins Monday, May 18th. Meals are available Monday-Friday 11-1. There are several locations near our school including Pinckneyville Park.
Please see the flyer for information in several languages and to see all 18 locations.
Seamless Summer Meals Program from Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Gwinnett County Public schools will provide meals for pick-up only from June 8 through June 26 during the hours of 11am – 1pm.
- Meals are available for anyone ages 18 and under.
- GCPS will serve meals Monday through Thursday only – with Thursday’s meals including meals for both Thursday and Friday.
Meals May Be Picked Up at the following Locations:
- Archer Cluster - Lovin Elementary only
- Berkmar Cluster - Berkmar Middle School, Bethesda Elementary, and Corley Elementary
- Central Gwinnett Cluster - Jenkins and Winn Holt
- Collins Hill Cluster - McKendree
- Dacula Cluster - Alcova
- Discovery Cluster - Baggett and Discovery High School
- Duluth Cluster - Duluth MS and B.B. Harris Elementary
- Lanier Cluster - Sycamore Elementary
- Meadowcreek Cluster - Lilburn MS and Radloff
- Mountain View Cluster - GIVE East
- Norcross Cluster - Norcross ES and Norcross HS
- Parkview Cluster - Arcado
- Peachtree Ridge Cluster - Jackson and Northbrook
- Shiloh Cluster - Annistown Elementary and Shiloh ES
- South Gwinnett Cluster - Britt Elementary and Magill Elementary
Note: Berkeley Lake Elementary will not be a pick up location.
Three Summer Reading Opportunities for Students:
1. BLES Summer Reading BINGO
2. Gwinnett Public Library Summer Reading Challenge:
3. GCPS Book Mobile:
Parents of Students with Special Needs
As a means of improving results for children with disabilities, the Georgia Department of Education is required to survey parents of students receiving special education services. This is an opportunity for your voice to be heard. The feedback you share will help guide local schools’ efforts to improve Special Education services and results for children and families.
The survey is available on-line and can be accessed on the Georgia Department of Education website. You may enter the following direct link into your browser - www.gadoe.org/parent-survey or you may utilize the QR Code provided. Survey responses must be submitted by June 30, 2020. If you do not have access to a computer or smart phone, you may contact the Georgia Department of Education, Special Education Help Desk at 404-657-9968 in order to complete the survey by telephone.
Georgia After School Program
Save the Date!
Open House/Meet Your Teacher Day for the 2020-2021 School Year
Meet Your Teacher Day for the 2020-2021 school year is tentatively scheduled for Friday, July 31st. This date may change, depending on the COVID situation and the GCPS 2020-2021 School Year Calendar, so stay tuned.
Donating Food for Those In Need : the 700 for 700 Campaign
Please consider donating to the 700 for 700 Campaign, a grassroots Duluth Cluster initiative that is providing food boxes and other resources for struggling families.
How you can help:
- Donate food items at Life Church International, 4830 River Green Parkway, Suite 200, Duluth GA 30096.
- Money donations can be made at @DMSPTA VENMO or Satisfeed.org/Donate.
- Volunteer at the Saturday food pickups. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Spread the word to others to donate.
- Spread the word to families in need. Food boxes include forty pounds of fresh food for a suggested five dollar donation. Pickup is each Saturday 10:00- 1:00 at Life Church International. See more information below under Food Resources.
Now appointments only for food pick up because of shelter in place order.
Food, Personal Care Items, Baby Items & Clothing
3395 Fox Street ,Building 101
Duluth ,GA 30096
serving 30096 and 30097 zip codes
Please call to verify times
Food & Clothing, School Supplies, Financial Assistance
500 Pinnacle Ct.
Norcross, GA 30071
770-263-0013 (Contact person – Shirley Cabe)
serving Norcross and Peachtree Corners zip codes
*Address has been updated from the first time information was sent out. Please use this address.
Cross Pointe the Church at the Gwinnett Center
Please call to verify times
Food, Personal Care Items, Clothing
1800 Satellite Blvd.
Duluth ,GA 30097
678-812-4500 (Contact person – Linda Mann)
Life Church International
4830 River Green Parkway
Duluth, GA 30096
Pick up Saturdays from 10am-1pm
Receive a 40 pound food box for $5.00 per family (suggested donation)
NEW: Trinity Outreach International Inc.
Food Delivery for Families in Need
Call Mrs. Silvia Heemana at 786-566-1369
The number of children, seniors and total number of people in the house will be asked
The organization will follow up with a home delivery of food
Please visit foodfinder.us for more locations
Do You Have a Parent Portal Account?
If you need to register with the portal, please print and complete this registration form and turn it in to the main office. Along with the completed form, you are required to show a photo I.D. for verification.
Remember to Save Those Box Tops!
Box Tops for Education is changing the way we submit Box Tops products to benefit our school. We’ve earned hundreds of dollars from this fundraiser. We hope this will continue as we switch over to this new, online effort. The change is: No more clipping! All you need is your smart phone to download the Box Tops for Education App, select Berkeley Lake Elementary School and scan the receipts with Box Tops products to help our school earn cash. Download this flyer for more details.
Follow Us on Facebook
Our Parent Center
The Berkeley Lake Parent Center is closed for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year. We look forward to opening back up for you to check out instructional materials once we return to school. If you have questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact our Parent Outreach Liason, Sandra Orci at Sandra.Orci@gcpsk12.org