Silver Creek Chronicle
Week of September 6th, 2021
From Mrs. Flemming
A big thank you for helping all of your little ones raise money for our school. If your student has earned a prize for the number of items they have sold, they will get their key chains at school but all others will be delivered with their sold items on October 5th. Profits from the fundraiser will be used to buy student supplies for the classroom, rewards for house days, end of grading period rewards and field trips!
I wanted to give our two Silver Creek Camp Leaders, Kacie Krneta (Kindergarten) and Riley Rung (Learning Lab) and a big shout out for being nominated by their peers for the month of August!
I hope you all have enjoyed your long weekend and have been able to rest, relax, and spend time with your family.
- Mrs. Flemming
Principal, Silver Creek Elementary
Silver Creek Camp Leaders of the Month
Grade Level Weekly Newsletters
Please click on the grade level buttons below to see what your SC Camper is learning this week. (TIP: scroll to see more in each link!)
Please make sure you are monitoring your student for any signs of illness and keeping them home if necessary. We appreciate all of you for helping to keep Silver Creek healthy! Remote Conferencing information can be found by CLICKING HERE.
Changes at Silver Creek:
- Lunch visitors will not be permitted from 8/30 thru 9/17
- Grandparent's day will be postponed (see details below)
- First Responder's Day will be a drive through breakfast
- Any meeting longer than 15 minutes will be held virtually
Grandparent's Day Video
From the Counselor
I visited our fourth grade students this week, and we read “The Empty Pot”. We discussed Trustworthiness, and how it takes courage to do the right thing. Next week, I will visit our third grade students. We will hear a story from twin boys their age who played hockey, and had their character tested when one of them won $50,000!
Finally, this Friday, your student can pay 25 tickets to attend our “Chill Out and Play” event during specials. They can bring an electronic device or board game from home, and enjoy free time and a popsicle on us. This is also a dress up day for everyone!
I am so proud of our kids and their hard work with earning tickets! Right now, our Blue house is in first place with 1078 points! Green house is in second place, with 1061 points, and Purple house is in third place with 1050 points. What am amazing first month of school!
I hope you all enjoy your long weekend!
~ Ms. Terrett
Menus for the Week
Silver Creek PTO
How to use AmazonSmile on a web browser:
- Visit smile.amazon.com
- Sign in with the same account you use for Amazon.com
- Select your charity
- Start shopping! Remember to checkout at smile.amazon.com to generate donations for your chosen charity.
Tip: Add a bookmark to make it easier to shop at smile.amazon.com.
How to use AmazonSmile using the Amazon app on your mobile phone:
- Open the Amazon Shopping app
- Navigate to the main menu (=)
- Tap on Settings and then select “AmazonSmile”
- Select your charity and then follow the on-screen instructions to turn ON AmazonSmile in the mobile app
- Once AmazonSmile has been activated in your app, future eligible app purchases will generate a donation for the charity you have selected.
Note: The tablet app is not yet supported. Please visit smile.amazon.com/onthego to learn more.
- If your student is wanting to have breakfast at school, please make every effort to have them dropped off before 7:30 so they have time to eat.
- Both Breakfast and Lunch are free of charge this year
- Please remember Kindergarten ONLY (along with their older siblings) will drop-off and pick-up in the front loop next to the curb
- Drop-off begins at 7:20
- Please don't line up for dismissal prior to 3:00
- When exiting from sidecar, please take turns and merge into a single line to exit around the back loop.
- If your child needs to change their transportation for the day please email email@example.com before 2:00PM.
- If your student is needing to be picked up early please do so before 2:30PM.
- September 6-10: Substitute Appreciation Week
- September 10: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day!
- September 13: First Responders Day Drive Thru
- September 16: Picture day!
- September 17: Fundraiser Ends
- September 24: Progress Report 2 Issued
- September 27: TRRFCC Ticket Store during WIN time this week
- September 27: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 5: Fundraiser Delivery
October 11- Student HOLIDAY
October 12 - Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
October 13: Success Rally and House Dress Day
October 15: Report Card Issued
October 25: 50th Day of School
October 25: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
October 25-299: Red Ribbon Week
October 26: Picture Make-Up Day
October 28: Pajama Jam - Literacy Night (5:00-7:00PM)
- November 5: Progress report Issued
- November 8-12: Book Fair!
- November 9: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (A-L)
- November 10: Thanksgiving Lunch for last names (M-Z)
- November 11: Veteran's Day Parade
- November 12: TRRFCC Ticket Event and House Dress Day
- November 22-26: Thanksgiving Break - No School
- November 29: Student HOLIDAY - Staff Development
- November 29: Progress Report Issued
- November 30: TRRFCC Ticket Store this Week
- December 6: PTO Meeting in the Library @ 4:30
- December 15: Success Rally and House Dress Day!
- December 16: 3rd Grade Winter Performance
- December 17: Class Holiday Parties (9:00-10:00AM)
**DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE!**