October 21, 2021
- No School Monday, October 25th (Fall Teacher In-service)
- Parent-Teacher Conferences October 28th (noon dismissal) Sign-up LINK below
- Picture day - Friday, October 29th
- TAA Shirt and Sweatshirt orders LAST DAY - Tuesday Oct. 26th!
- Rada Fundraiser
- Fall Festival
- Hot Lunch Program - Coming SOON ($4.25/lunch)
- Gift Goats ADRA $1 a week Fundraiser
- Volunteers Needed
- Adventurers INFO
- TAA Vegetarian Food Store Hours - Tuesdays 3:30-5
- Parent Mailboxes
- School Board Positions INFO
- COVID Protocols
- Be sure to like & follow our Facebook Page @TroyAdventistAcademy
Many of the items in our Newsletters can be found in our TAA Handbook. Remember this was put together by our school board. If you want to be a part of making changes, join our TAA School board - We would LOVE to have you!
God's Word to Encourage
"He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honor him." Psalm 91:15 (God's phone number, no cell service needed.)
NO SCHOOL Monday, October 25th
Picture day - Friday, October 29th
TAA Shirts & Sweatshirts Orders DUE Tuesday, Oct 26th!
We would like to get the order in by the end of next week for our TAA T-shirts and Sweatshirts. Just a reminder last names are only going on sweatshirts (if requested) NOT T-shirts.
We will let you know what they cost as soon as we finish the tally and get costs finalized.
Please make sure your orders are in NO later than next Tuesday. Thanks!!!
We will all be representing our school in great Swag soon!
Parent/ Teacher Conferences Thursday, Oct. 28th (Noon Dismissal)
Conferences are next week. Below are the links for the online sign-up sheet. Please sign up to meet with your child’s teacher. If you can not meet on that Thursday or at the times available, please contact the teacher directly to schedule a meeting time. We are so thankful for your support. As we work together to plan for the best education for your child.
THANK YOU for supporting our fundraiser! Whether you're making dinner for yourself, hosting the neighborhood cookout, or buying gifts (think... Christmas), Rada's HIGH-QUALITY products--all made in the USA--are every kitchen's dream! When you make a purchase using our shopping link below, you help our group! Rada LINK HERE
TAA Fall Festival
We are needing to plan our Fall Festival quickly if we want to do it in time to be a alternative to Halloween for our community. We NEED parent support to pull this together (there is still time).
We can use this to not only enrich our community, but raise money for our school. Please consider being a part of this great experience for students.
Please contact Heather Willis 248-499-2000 or through email at TAAparentTeam@gmail.com
Hot Lunch - Hopefully Nov.
We have a scheduled final inspection for our kitchen for this coming FRIDAY (Oct. 22)! Please pray that all goes well.
We look forward to sharing Ms. Gina's good food with students soon! Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make improvements to our school. Hot lunch prices will be $4.25 per lunch this year to cover costs.
A menu will go home before we start the program.
Please make sure your child has a packed lunch everyday. We are unable to provide lunch for them at this time.
We will still have our snack closet open during snack time. We have chips, fruit snacks (w/fruit pectin), apple sauce, veggie straws/chips. Items range from $0.25-$0.75. This money is used as a fundraiser for our school.
ADRA - Gift Goats Fundraiser $1 Weekly
We are asking each TAA family to donate $1 a week for a fundraiser to buy a goat for families through ADRA.
"The goat is a humble animal, with an almost shocking ability to change families’ lives. Starting with just one goat, a family can gain the income they need for food, medical care, and more. Combine this with a pay-it-forward community goat bank where families breed and then share their goats with other families, and by purchasing a single goat today you can kick-start change for generations of families." Goats cost $40. ADRA Gift Goats
Many of you love to be involved in your children's school! We are extremely thankful for your willingness to step in and make a difference. Our school has many opportunities to help. Our TAA Handbook states it is expected that every family will help 10 hours during the school year.
Here are some opportunities for volunteering:
- Field Trips and Class Trips: drivers and chaperones (Email Mrs. Moore for the paperwork)
- Classroom and School Celebrations: help with parties for Christmas, 100th Day, End of Year, etc.
- Help Teachers: supervise recess, make copies, laminate, grade, work with behind students
- Repairs, Maintenance, and Painting: our hallways are becoming blue :)
- Fundraising: Coordinator and helpers
If you have a skill or talent you would like to bless our school with, please talk with Mrs. Moore.
We would love to hear about it!
We invite you to join the Troy Adventurer Club
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: BIANCA BRYANT, CELL: 248-376-0640
This club is a FUN and Fantastic way to get your little children to love Jesus, His nature
and learn fundamental values!
The Adventurer Curriculum focuses on:
My God, My Self, My Family, My World
LIFT - Lifestyle Improvement For Teens (7th & 8th Graders)
LIFT is an interactive retreat designed to inspire young people to make positive choices that will benefit their lives, and the lives of others: spiritually, socially, and physically.
We are so thankful for Mr. Ben Chingono who went with us to LIFT as our male chaperone (and the other dads that were willing). The students had a great time. 63 students from across Michigan Adventist schools made decisions for baptism (some of our students are included) - Praise GOD! This is why we do what we do!!! Keep praying for those students and the ones YET to make the best decision in the life (to choose Jesus)!
Box Tops, AmazonSmile, and TAA Food Store
There are many little ways you can help raise funds for TAA.
- Download the Box Tops for Education app! No more cutting out box tops and forgetting where you placed them. All you have to do is download the app, register it to benefit Troy Adventist Academy, take pictures of your grocery receipts. It is that easy! Here is a quick video to help you get started.
- Shop at our TAA Food Store Open Tuesdays from 3:30-5. We have a great Vegetarian food store right in our school. Mrs. Sullivan runs this amazing little store to help benefit TAA. So if you need anything, please let us know. If you have never checked out this store, please do. Proceeds from sales goes to help keep tuition costs down. Brands include: Worthington, Morning Star, Loma Linda, and others. Items must be paid for the day they are taken.
- Shop on AmazonSmile If you already use Amazon for your shopping needs. Please start using AmazonSmile, register it to benefit Troy Adventist Academy, and .5% of your eligible purchases will benefit our school.
If you have any questions about any of these great ways to benefit TAA, please ask Mrs. Moore. Also, you can share all of these ideas with your family and friends. Anyone, anywhere can do these simple things and register the benefits to go to TAA. Thank you!!!
As soon as you come into the front doors, the parent mailboxes are on your left. Each family has their own mailbox for paperwork or student work to take home. Please make sure you are ONLY taking your items from YOUR families mailbox. This is also where your tuition statements will be found. Please make sure to check these mailboxes daily.
On the right of the parent mailboxes is the tuition check lock box. If you need to drop off a check to pay for tuition, you can put it in the lock box or give it to Loribeth.
TAA School Board Positions
We have current openings to join our school board. This is a great way to get involved in our school and to have your voice heard. There is currently no one in these positions, so as they might seem overwhelming, someone doing something - is better than nothing getting accomplished!
School Board Offices Available
- School Board Chair (Troy SDA Church Board approved position) - the school board chair oversees the school board. This person will act as a voice to guide the board in decision making and must be flexible to meet the needs of both staff and our student families.
- Home & School Team - this position helps our school connect to our church and helps the school families connect to the school. The team needs to be able to communicate the great work we are doing to our constitutes. This position also helps to choose and organize our fundraisers (along with other helpers/teachers): Fall Festival, Spring Fling, fruit orders, Rada products, books or other sales. We want to hear your ideas and get to work to help keep our tuition down and lights on!
- Safety Team - the Safety Team is a special team of people who will help TAA work carefully with the local health, fire, and police departments to ensure the highest safety for our students and staff at all times.
Adventist Learning Community (ALC) offers free board training
ALC 1hr School Board Leadership Training (Board Chair)
It is very important that parents hold positions on the school board. This helps the school be led according to parents' votes. Please take time to pray about being involved in our school board. We are a great team to work with and we want to hear your voice!
Current COVID Protocols - updated 8/25/21
Feel free to see the Current Oakland County Mask Mandate dated Aug 24, 2021.
Masks: Oakland County Health Department has a current mask mandate requiring K-12 students and guest to wear a mask while inside the building, dated August 24, 2021. Please make sure your child has extra masks in a baggy with their name on it in their backpack. If you would like to donate masks to the school, we are accepting donations. Thank you
Daily Health Screening: Students and staff members, or anyone visiting TAA, should stay home if they are feeling unwell or displaying symptoms of COVID-19. Students will be sent home if they are running a fever, as is our typical practice. Students should be fever-free for 24 hours before they return to school. Hand sanitizer and thermometers will be available at the entrance.
Physical Distancing: Best efforts will be made to promote physically distancing within the space available at the time.
Vaccinations: The state is not requiring a COVID vaccination at this time. TAA will not require the COVID vaccination.
COVID Testing: TAA will not require COVID testing to participate in classroom or extracurricular activities. We will continue to monitor guidance in this area. Parents MUST report any positive tests within the student's household to TAA Staff.
Quarantines and Oakland County Health Division Partnership: Seating charts will be used in classrooms where possible to assist with contact tracing requests from the Oakland County Health Division (OCHD). TAA will not be offering these lists, but will continue to work collaboratively with OCHD should they request this information.
Alerting Families to COVID: Should a case of COVID be noted within a TAA classroom, a letter will be sent home alerting families to the case. TAA would provide information to OCHD, should it be requested. TAA will not share the name or identity of the individual with COVID to the public, adhering to FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
Temperature checks: TAA School Board recommends temperature check for students, staff and visitor. Temperatures may also be taken should someone present with possible fever symptoms, as was pre-COVID practice.
Visitors: Visitors will be permitted in the entryway of the building to drop off and pick up students. Visitors are encouraged to maintain social distance between themselves and others while in the building. Prearranged parent helpers will be allowed in classrooms. Adults are required to complete a health screening prior to entering the building and masks are required per the mandate.
Cleaning Frequency and Air Quality: TAA will continue to clean high-touch points throughout the day and maintain thorough cleaning procedures in building. If a case of COVID-19 is found to be present in our building, TAA will implement a deeper cleaning procedure that evening, which includes Spraying with approved disinfectant. Prior to reopening in the fall of 2020, TAA purchased new air filters. Teachers will attempt to have windows cracked open. These will continue to be used this year.
We are asking our families to make wise decisions outside of school and be aware of other TAA Families' needs.
Please remember to be flexible as we go forward this school year, as things are likely to change. We want students and staff to be safe and have a successful year in-person.
Our main goal is to guide students to know Jesus better. Let us all work together to let nothing come in the way of that goal.
We are so thankful to our TAA Families for their willingness to work together!
TAA Staff Contact Information
Best Way to Contact Teachers
We take pride in giving students our full attention, so we may not always answer the school phone or our cell phones. Please text us if you have any information you need to relay to us during the school day. In an emergency, please text and call our cell phones. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for your patience!
Mrs. Denise Moore, Principal/5th-8th grades
Miss Bethany Stevens, K-1st grades
Ms Loribeth Salciccioli, Treasurer/Extraordinaire
TUITION (see 2021-22 Payment Plan) Statements go out in parent mailboxes on the 10th of each month payments are due on the 1st of the following month, unless other arrangements have been made with the School Treasurer. Our Treasurer is Loribeth Salciccioli, please call or email her if you have any questions or concerns.