Elementary Weekly Newsletter
November 2 - November 6, 2020
November Attendance Contest
How to Report an Absence
- Call the school Attendance Line at 303-360-0052 X300
- Submit online a report an absence on the Lotus main page. https://www.lotusschool.org/
- Inform your students teacher through class Dojo
Important dates coming up: Thanksgiving Break November 23-27 -- NO SCHOOL
Note from the Nurse
Boo to the flu! Keep Your Family Healthier This Fall: Get A Flu Vaccine By Halloween
Flu season is here and the fact is that the flu can be scary; especially for the ones we love most. Everyone aged 6 months and older needs a flu vaccine to stay healthier this fall. Here is why:The flu is dangerous. Getting your flu vaccine is the best way to prevent the flu. It saves lives and protects those on the frontlines. Both flu and COVID-19 may be spreading this fall, so it’s more important than ever to get an annual flu vaccine. The best time to get vaccinated is before flu viruses start to spread—typically by the end of October. So, don’t wait. Say boo to the flu by making sure you and your family get a flu vaccine by Halloween.
Find a flu vaccine location near you today!
Gifted and Talented
Infinite Campus Parent Portal
Rock The Vote
- take Ownership
- have Courage, and
- show Kindness.
Each classroom teacher was asked to nominate one student from their classroom who has done a great job of displaying these expectations during our first quarter.
The following students are our first quarter ROCKstars!
If you have a student in Kindergarten-2nd grade:
- Ask them what it means to be a bucket filler!
- Ask them to share one way that they will be a bucket filler today!
If you have a student in 3rd grade:
- Ask them to tell you what they learned from the book Each Kindness.
- Ask them to explain how kindness can "travel like a ripple into the world."
- Ask them to share one way that they can show kindness today!
If you have a student in 4th grade-5th grade:
- Ask them what bullying means, and how it is different than being "mean" or "rude".
- Ask them to explain the 4 different types of bullying (verbal, physical, emotional, cyber).
- Ask them to explain what being an "upstander" means, and ways they can do it!
- Ask them to explain 2 ways that they can prevent bullying from happening.