OHS Bulletin August 26, 2022
Bell schedule: Posted below
- Bulletins - Emailed on Fridays. Posted on Facebook and emailed in Skyward.
- Facebook: OrtingHIghSchool
- 2 Websites: Orting High School Main & Orting High School Sports
- School Screens: TV Monitors throughout the OHS building
- District Announcements on the District Website and Facebook and Twitter
- Weekly intercom announcements in Period 4
- Office Hours 7:30-3:30. We try our very best on phones, but have 1 Secretary for the entire student body. Please listen to prompts to get you to the right departments.
Freshman/New Student Orientation is Monday, Aug 29
Here are the details for Back to School week!
Monday: students meet at the stadium by the OHS baseball fields (by our Counseling Center) at 10am. They will be dismissed at 2pm.
You can order pictures before or after picture days: https://www.prepaysystems.com/.../o3mO.../orting-high-school
Transportation: Transportation available for Monday, August 29, Freshman/New Student Orientation. See the images below for the routes for Monday Orientation!
Yearbooks: $50 on sale August 29-Sept 16
ASB Fee: $45 available to purchase now
*All payments can be made with Mrs. Sluka in the office or online at: https://wa-orting.intouchreceipting.com/
Parking Pass: 1st one FREE, additional/replacements $2
Breakfast/Lunch account deposits can be made to the lunch room at lunchtime or online at: https://orting.revtrak.net/
We can't wait to see you back! Enjoy the last days of summer!
Orientation Bus Routes (Monday, August 29)
New Staff Welcome
Added Assistant Principal: from Spanaway Lake HS Tia-Michelle Marquez
Added School Counselor: PLU Graduate Anna Hager
English Teacher: from OMS Emily Martin
Video Production Teacher: from OHS English Dept., Tranell Mayfield
OHS Sped Math: from Bethel SD Amy McAlindon
Culinary Teacher: from New York (History Teacher/After-School Culinary): Adfia Bristol
Science Sub most of 22/23 for Huff: Marissa Filipowicz
Athletic Coordinator: from OPS Beth Veltri
New Boys Basketball Head Coach: Mark McCall
Why? The main reason is in the event of an emergency, if we think you are here and then something happens and you are 'missing', we send a team out searching for you. You can imagine the panic that could cause. For that reason, please sign out with us!
When you are tardy it disrupts the class who have begun their lesson already and you can miss instructions as well. Also, teachers take attendance right away so we can make sure all of you are here and where you belong as that is our responsibility. Arriving late makes a few people have to work in reverse for you and it is disruptive. If you have an excused tardy then we are very accommodating. When you wander in late with no reason, those are unnecessary. Warning bell rings at 7:38 and you must be IN CLASS at 7:45.
- Ticket #1 $10
- Ticket #2 $20
- Ticket #3+ each $30
Fees and Accounts
Register for Sports
Apply for Free/Reduced Lunch (due Sept 30, 2022)
Lunch money accounts
Overdue OHS fines/Parking Tickets: Pay Mrs. Sluka in the office
Parking Pass (first one is Free, additional $2): see Mrs Lovey Fisher in the office
OHS Dress Code
Fall Sports Game Schedule August-September 2
September 1, 2022
- Varsity Football HOME vs Squalicum 6pm
Dates and times will be listed below as we confirm them. Pay attention to announcements at period 4 for any start dates.
Sports Med - R. Romo - Port 6
Anime - A.Burns - Port E
LGBTQ+ - J. Kemmerer - WW2
Stem - D. Thompson - STEM Lab - Wednesdays after school
FBLA - R. Polly - Cards Nest - TBD
Art - J. Coleman - Room 100
Tabletop Gaming - B. Petersen - Port 1 Wednesdays after school
Drama - J. Babcock - in the PAC Tuesdays after school (daily for play rehearsals)
NHS - E. Martin - Port A
Knowledge Bowl - J. McNinch - Port 5
E-Sports - D. Buroker - Band Room
Culture - M. Portillo - Port 3
Weightlifting - M. Portillo - Weight Room
Band - D. Buroker - Band Room
Jesus - M. Gum - Port AA
FFA - M. Gum - Port AA
ASB - S. Ahmann - Room 101
Volleyball - G. Frey - OHS Gym
Film - T. Mayfield - Room 207
Washington Student Achievment Council - Start here!
Plan Your Future on These Trusted WSAC Websites
There is no shortage of college and career-planning advice out there, especially online. Some is good, some is…not-so-good. So where can you find information that is correct and clear? The Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC) offers trustworthy web resources that can help you find the right education and career path for you.
- WSAC Website. Review WSAC’s Plan Your Future page for information and resources on college planning, career exploration, financial aid, apprenticeship, and more. Learn about Washington’s state financial aid programs and how to apply for financial aid.
- College & Career Compass. Explore your options with the College & Career Compass. This web-based tool will help you identify educational pathways that can lead to promising careers and a brighter future.
- GEAR UP Student & Family Resources. Access free college planning resources on the GEAR UP website. GEAR UP links to quality materials and websites about planning your path, paying for college, visiting campuses, and building a support system
- WASFA: Application for state aid only, for people who are undocumented or who do not qualify for federal aid because of their immigration status, and in limited circumstances for others who cannot or choose not to file a FAFSA.
- Explore Wa Community & Technical Colleges - all 34 of them.
- Career Connect Washington. Type an interest and search for schools and programs by a particular zip code.
- Washingtron Career Bridge. Pick an interest and find a program in Wa.